In the evening, just about the time when sayang came to pick me up, there was full rainbow up in the sky! *oh so auspicious in the Buddhist context according to him, while I had the scientific reason for it :P*
The "surprise" came when I was transported to a classic chic restaurant français in KL, which has a beautiful ambience of chandelier & crystals dangling from the ceiling, with glass wine & flowers on every table. Little did I know the roses decorated on our table is different from the white flowers on the other tables.
*Smack smack, don't knock over the table, don't drag the chair, don't fumble-tumble with the cutlery -- words that kept ringing inside my head* I had to remind myself to keep still and try very hard to sit with poise. Yes, I could afford to smile but don't grin like sampat. It was just very lovely & sweet. The fact is that I didn't even expect it! I was completely smitten, sayang is beyond my imagination.
Maybe it's just those special day, once a year thing that its ok according to sayang to splurge. It was also around this time, one year ago that our coming-together began.
Although I could just end my sweet bday story right there, I guess life is not all about a bed of roses, certainly my life is not just about one lovable guy. My wonderful family played their part in trying to celebrate my bday. Like doh if you really wanna know more, you can check out my fotopages of course.
On my bday, somebody also uttered 'I hate you' to me over my mobile, for some apparent trouble that is beyond my control. Of course nothing beats watching my entire cranky family making a nuisance much ado about nothing.
On Thursday, 20th Sep, how could I forget to blog this! I was invited by sayang's parents for a "simple" dinner which turned out to be so heavy, and I'm so paiseh I don't eat prawn. The most paiseh part above it all, and you won't believe me what his mother gave me for my birthday gift. Yeah... I finally found out what's the hype about it, why Tym said I'm so lucky, why LeeLeng looked so thrill, why my aunties wanna have a bit of the set that came with it inside the big golden box. Estee Lauder makeup set! Above it all, I'm supposed to be the girl most clueless about makeup! I think I must tell miss ELSF about it. It's just not fun that I can't give it away, or else my parents will nag me, I wish to give it to my friends who like 'em but my aunty say must think of 'aunty' first... doh. I honestly wouldn't make use of all the 3 lipgloss and 3lipsticks so that have to go.
What do you call this? Someone said it "when you least expected it, you'll get it." How apt.
No comments:
Post a Comment