This year will be the second year that I'm celebrating CNY as an angpow giver. The most common 'wish' that family members will wish me is 'nin sang kuai ji' meaning wishing that I'll get an offspring soon! The usual way of brushing off the topic is saying the year is 2012 - dragon. And I need do some math - if it take 10 months to deliver a baby, then I'll have to conceive it starting from this year, from May 2010! :) But what if I wish to give birth to a December capricon baby, means I'll have to conceive in Feb 2011? Which means I might be pregnant already when I travel to Europe in Spring 2011 :P doh...
Well I'm the sort of person who goes by "Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail". Everything destination starts with an intention, a wish, a want and then a plan! Horoscopely speaking, a 'rabbit' would be very much compatible with 'goats' like me and sayang. But I just can't have a baby so soon, perhaps mentally we're both not ready and infact we've got a 12-day Hangzhou-Shanghai-Huangshan-Putuoshan trip to fulfil come Sep this rabbit year! The unfortunate part is abang in Shanghai might not be around then, cos he's potentially moving back to Spore... and this is hush hush shhhhhhh cannot tell anyone!!! (don't know some people are so good at not spilling words out too soon so unlike me)
Good news is abang & ahsoh is expecting a baby rabbit girl this year! :) yay a girl for the Wong family! I purposely wish that the baby will be a girl, cause of the idiotic fact that my father-in-law would rather wish to have a second grandson - why son?! Well for convenient sake (due to my busy lifestyle), I thought having a son would save me the hassle of dolling up the kid, but its perfectly alright with me to have a daughter! Even if I were to have only one child and its a girl.
Because of this chauvinistic thinking by my f-i-l, I think I'll want to have a baby dragon girl next year then, just to purposely 'kek' him :P kekekeke... I still don't know why I like to challenge people.
My only brother, my sai-loh is planning to get married! Sometimes I do feel emotional, when it sinks deeper in me, that my sai-loh is really getting married?! Gossh... I used to just whacking him and teasing him and forgot that he's all grown up! Even perhaps my sai-loh will become a new parent sooner than his tai-kai-che. How come my younger brother grow up so fast? He's earning a good living working as a Siemens Engineer, even I don't get hired by Siemens but my less-than-smart sai-loh do. He even got awarded 'best performer staff', like what?!! My sai-loh who used to suck in maths and need me to give him free tuition as he was suffering through his diploma years? Anyway good luck and all the best to my bro and his pretty fiance of his. I hope his future wife will be able to replace my role in the kitchen to help my mom come CNY, cleaning, washing, serving the guest etc!
No wonder my f-i-l is so proud, he got 2 sons and if he were to wish to have more children, he'd probably wish to have all sons! So then he'll get many more daughter-in-laws to help cook in the kitchen!
My m-i-l is one of a kind. If I had a tough time trying to keep up with my mom's mega effort in the kitchen, try help my m-i-l with her asam laksa party feat! Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't ask her to cook asam laksa for our open house... she'll be cutting, cooking, cleaning, serving, washing, replenishing, watching over the fire, stirring, washing, wiping the table, cleaning, arranging the cutlery, repacking, and repeat the steps all over - from dawn till dusk!
Now you see where my sayang get his perfect melancholy syndrome from? From BOTH his parents! I am a ZERO melancholy person. I don't go for details, infact I can't see details like average people do, you can observe that in my photoshots, I hardly zoom in details unless I change to the 50mm lens (that I'll hardly use for event). I can live my putting all the dirty dish all into the big sink and let it pile up until its too high, THEN one shot wash all up - save water & washing detergent! But for the Wong family? Cannot. EVERY single plate or spoon or chopsticks that comes near the sink will be cleansed with detergent (whether oily or not, even if its a glass which only contained plain water) thoroughly.
Oh while washing repeatedly, the table cloths will be rinsed just as many times to wipe the kitchen top. Can't we just save a bit of water by not being that OCD? No I can't ever give this silly suggestion, or else I'll be doomed, as the lousy daughter-in-law who not only intentionally postpone her getting pregnant, but is messy and dirty!
M-i-l taught me how to use detergent to rinse the table cloth, so that when we wipe the kitchen counter top, it will smell with fragrance. Yes true - but i can't imagine if I put a bread / food stuff on the table (layered with detergent) and then put it back into my mouth. Anyway, just listen obidiently and nod my head. The difference between helping my in-laws vs helping my own mother in the kitchen, is I get 'shut up, listen & follow'. With my mom, I'll talk back & get on my mother's nerves - which may not be a good thing.
On 1st day of CNY when I had a quick visit to my maiden home, I had to hold back my tears upon seeing the glee revealed on my parents face when they saw me after missing me for days! Or was it the other way round, I was missing them for 3 days!
Anyway, on the note about giving angpow, this year I don't have to give double, just one angpow, it was natural to give out angpow to whoever that I'm supposed to give, even to other little stranger unmarried people, well its just RM4 inside, don't think anyone would receive angpow value lower than what I could wrap?! :D For me and sayang, our network of people we know can be very wide, so for us to give high-value angpow (or bak kum) to all the people we know, could be impractical. So for us (or for me in particular), give less give more - quantity equals quality!
I don't have big wish for this rabbit year, except just wish for good health and to receive expected bonus in March. Good news is that for this year, the industry dealing with 'wood' and 'metal' element will be very good - bank is money is metal!
For my friends and family, esp those who'd invested under me before, I really wish that they're global funds investment will bouce back la!
No comments:
Post a Comment