It's not easy to blog about this strenuous unimaginable experience of childbirth, breastfeeding and being a new mummy.
Confinement period is over for now, it was a relief but still I am advised against drinking stuff I like.
Breast engorgement was awfully painful during the 3rd day after delivery when I got home from hospital.
Within the first week of breastfeeding, I was emotionally and physically so tired, deprived of sleep, its the worst fatigue. That's when I was with my first confinement lady (she worked for 4 days only). On the following week, I got a 2nd confinement lady (truly lucky of me... my good karma) who insist on mother-must-rest policy, hence I had to keep expressing milk for her to feed ebm for my baby. I was "tango-ing" with my 2nd CL, cause I wish to direct latch more and she wants to bottle feed ebm every time! It's also good that when she feeds baby esp in the middle of the night, I can get to catch up with my deprived sleep.... its like trying to put in practice the 'middle way' (all the Buddhist teachings is really being put to real test).
The whole experience of confinement and being a new mother is just like attending a Buddhist retreat! Alot of "mind over matter" and being mindful inside me. Not expecting baby to suit mummy's wish, but for me to learn to adapt / adjust / fine-tune / accept baby for being himself!
Ariya Wong Zi Ren is 6 week old this week.... I'm pretty glad that he manage to sleep till 3am and go back to sleep by himeslf on the cot after feed. It was a breakthrough!
Mummy's secret wish is for Zi Ren to be able to self-sooth and go to sleep himself after night feed, and learn to sleep through the night soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment