Friday, January 15, 2016

I miss my mom ALOTTT!

I was reading some psychology article about managing in-law relationship, and the reason why sometimes a dil couldn't accept or relate to the behavior/culture/practices of the in-laws is because of the on-set of own personal unresolved issue. Ok im not exactly sure what im talking about but point is i came to realise why i have resentment towards living with my pil.

I came home last night as usual dinner is ready on the table.. i scoop the soup boiled by my mil... the thought that came is rarely “thankful” but “this is so different from ny mom's soup”. This comparison subconsciously appear in my head many many times. All my mil cooking reminds me the fact that she cooks differently from my mom...

Then it struck me, my resentment and my dunno how to appreciate my mil could be due to one emotional honest truth that i miss my mom!

The everything that i don't relate to about my pil is because i've been brought up my parents way. The only way and method that i could relate to.

I miss my freedom because my mom gave me supreme freedom! I managed my own life all my life! Why do i resent each time my mil clean up the dirty dishes after dinner? Because my mom dont do that! She instruct me or my brother to do the clean up.

I always wonder myself crazy why i dont know how to appreciate someone so distinct like my mil, so not my like my own mom.

Now i know why... because I.miss. my. mom.ALOTTT!!!!

No comments: