Friday, October 07, 2005

Having fun with English slang...

Hmm.. wonder why dont I join Customer Service. Was calling user from Philippines, then I called a lady in Hong Kong. Wow their English is actually superb! Except all the interesting slang. The Philippines guy spoke with quite neutral slang, but very 'smooth' almost like a Thai-slang English :P

I remember calling Vietnam, but it entered voicemail, the Vietnam language sounded like Thai!

Yesterday I was learning Urdu, the language for Pakistan.
How are you? = Tum Kesi Ho?
I'm fine = Mae theek hoong (very nazel sound)
Yes = Haan / G
No = Nahi

No wonder the Pakistani slang is different from the Indian slang. You can recognize the Indian slang anytime.

If my colleagues were to find out that I'm actually learning languages instead of calling user to troubleshoot their machine... haha. I was teaching the Pakistan guy Malay, while he taught me Urdu.

The girl from HK, I thought I wanna speak Cantonese with her, hmm... she answered me in English instead.

No comments: