Monday, December 19, 2005

i closed my heart

Last night during a cell group xmas party, I felt really bored listening to a testimony by a new Christian who was a Buddhist before and I probably dozed off listening to the pastor telling a story from the book of Luke.

What probably amazed me was my very 'honest' 10 year old cousin, who told her mom, inside the car how "Joon che che was bored to death" and the mom replied "who ask her didn't open her heart". My uncle who was driving must be thinking the same thing about me.

I quite openly show my restlessness in that not so small group of adults, I could mix with the kids much better. Even talking to the muslim kakak made more sense. Kakak was also looking at them, dunno what to do just sat right beside me. I said they're praying the Christian way, with hands raised high above, eyes closed with the pastor just speaking very quickly. Then I was sitting at my own corner, doing nothing I just sat up straight, closed my eyes. My cousin looked and said "that's Buddha way of praying..." yeah... I pray this way, quietly no 'sound'.

Kakak was telling me how it is normal to have other religion people all living peacefully within the same community. She said she dont understand why Malaysia it is different. I ask how bad is Malaysia, she say we're always fighting?!! Now where did she get that...

The night was not about kakak and me... its just amazing how easy it is for anybody to be converted to Christianity. Anybody on the street who's suffering in one way or another, who needed to be 'reached out' to, will eventually seek forgiveness from God. I am so different from normal people on the street. I do not suffer a terrible life, for me to be 'saved'. I already feel joy in life, there is nothing so special about these people and their prayers. But how many people are blessed with a background like mine.

For many of the less fortunate people, God was such a great saviour to end their suffering. Because of God, the pastor could stop smoking after being a heavy chain smoker for years. Because of God, the born-again Christian found a new purpose of her life.

What was a I doing there in that cell group, I was being addressed as "VSP" not just "VIP"... I was of a group of 'very special people' to be brought here for this gathering by people who care for me alot. See, told ya year in year out... close relatives try to 'save' me. I just cant help wondering, what could Buddhist groups do to reach out to other people waiting to be saved?! Is there anything that I should do to defend the spread of Christianity? Or just let it spread and I sit here watch them.

No comments: