Friday, October 20, 2006

Knowing You

~*~ by John Pizzarelli

I know that I will never fall for a girl named after seasons
I know that I'm often late and will not give good reasons
I met a girl do all the driving
I live my life without skydiving
And when you go its hard to survive until the day is through.

Just know that I will always think there's a better table
I wont take down the christmas tree or ever hook up cable
I'll tell the punch line in advance
I'll never purchase leather pants
And my idea of romance was ..(cannot get this word).. and few.

I read a story long ago
Said you can try to make love grow
But when its right, you'll always know like I knew when I met you.

I read a story long ago
Said when its love you'll always know
Right from the first hello like I knew when I met you.

Please know that I am not incline to put away the laundry
That balancing my checkbook tends to leave me in a quandary
I greet disaster with a grim
Be by your side through thick and thin
You're where I am then I begin a fairy tale come true.

Knowing you
Knowing you
Knowing you.

~*~

No comments: