Order of the food that I liked best during my short trip :-
The best food :: South Indian cuisine at Little India (there was this sensuously irresistible Phorata with 'dal' & 'vege' gravy... then there's the Poori, the Thosai, the Vade... simply heavenly satisfying!).
The good one :: Taufufah & siu long bao (小龙包) at a shop in Geylang that opens 24 hour (after the Phantom of the Opera show, the bigbro brought us for this delicious supper *luckily Karaoke was fullhouse on Saturday night*, dunno why bigbro & ahsoh so into Karaoke?!)
The yummy one :: Reverso flavoured ice cream at Island Creamery in Serene Centre in somewhere in Bukit Timah. (looks like Rocky Road.. you know basically essentially chocolate icrecream *drooling*)
There's somemore food that we tried, mostly nice maybe 'cause those Malaysians-living-in-Singapore purposely took us to taste what's considered the nicest food around. Even the homecooked meals prepared by the bigbro & ahsoh, were supreme! *sounds like shoe-polishing your boyfriend's bigbro & ah soh, but I memang enjoy Western-style food ma... and the only Chinese meal ah soh prepared had my all-time-favourite fish.. doh*
So what about the nicest experience I had in this short trip? *but when there's nothing better to do on the 3rd day, you'll feel like going home already!*
1st : I LOVE THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA the musical held inside the Esplanade *durian* theatre. The 4 of us sat sooo high up at the top *2nd last row* but we were right smack in the centre, with the view of the chandelier magnificently dangling infront of you! *it magically moves* If I was a kid, I would be so amazed and enthralled with the 'magic' of the stage performance but now that I'm clever enough, we know that technology and engineering is behind the 'magic'. In fact I was still wondering, how the actors/actresses voices can be heard SOOO loudly (mind you crystal clear), *got mic mah* Oh....
Confession, I did doze off after the intermission.. it was not one of my fave songs part, and I was dead tired for my 1st day in SG! Sayang on my left side was so taken aback with the grand stage, my 2 buddies on my right were so excited/sampat about the musical *oh lets watch My Fair Lady when we get back! And they actually bought the PROGRAMME BOOK at S$25?!!!*
2nd : Spending time with sayang *alone.. ahem ahem... wrong blog :P*
3rd : Taking pictures tonza pictures!! You know what, I managed to capture with 'depth of field' skill... that was sei mei... I was at this Methodist church for a wedding ceremony, where I was seated at the back, by the side of the aisle, I had to try to shoot those pro shots... *what with the setting of the aisle, flowers, wedding couple infront*
The best food :: South Indian cuisine at Little India (there was this sensuously irresistible Phorata with 'dal' & 'vege' gravy... then there's the Poori, the Thosai, the Vade... simply heavenly satisfying!).
The good one :: Taufufah & siu long bao (小龙包) at a shop in Geylang that opens 24 hour (after the Phantom of the Opera show, the bigbro brought us for this delicious supper *luckily Karaoke was fullhouse on Saturday night*, dunno why bigbro & ahsoh so into Karaoke?!)
The yummy one :: Reverso flavoured ice cream at Island Creamery in Serene Centre in somewhere in Bukit Timah. (looks like Rocky Road.. you know basically essentially chocolate icrecream *drooling*)
There's somemore food that we tried, mostly nice maybe 'cause those Malaysians-living-in-Singapore purposely took us to taste what's considered the nicest food around. Even the homecooked meals prepared by the bigbro & ahsoh, were supreme! *sounds like shoe-polishing your boyfriend's bigbro & ah soh, but I memang enjoy Western-style food ma... and the only Chinese meal ah soh prepared had my all-time-favourite fish.. doh*
So what about the nicest experience I had in this short trip? *but when there's nothing better to do on the 3rd day, you'll feel like going home already!*
1st : I LOVE THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA the musical held inside the Esplanade *durian* theatre. The 4 of us sat sooo high up at the top *2nd last row* but we were right smack in the centre, with the view of the chandelier magnificently dangling infront of you! *it magically moves* If I was a kid, I would be so amazed and enthralled with the 'magic' of the stage performance but now that I'm clever enough, we know that technology and engineering is behind the 'magic'. In fact I was still wondering, how the actors/actresses voices can be heard SOOO loudly (mind you crystal clear), *got mic mah* Oh....
Confession, I did doze off after the intermission.. it was not one of my fave songs part, and I was dead tired for my 1st day in SG! Sayang on my left side was so taken aback with the grand stage, my 2 buddies on my right were so excited/sampat about the musical *oh lets watch My Fair Lady when we get back! And they actually bought the PROGRAMME BOOK at S$25?!!!*
2nd : Spending time with sayang *alone.. ahem ahem... wrong blog :P*
3rd : Taking pictures tonza pictures!! You know what, I managed to capture with 'depth of field' skill... that was sei mei... I was at this Methodist church for a wedding ceremony, where I was seated at the back, by the side of the aisle, I had to try to shoot those pro shots... *what with the setting of the aisle, flowers, wedding couple infront*
*check out MJphotos for weddings*
4th : Must be eating nice food as shared in the above. I'm still not sick of CHOCOLATE ice cream!
So what else I did, specially just because I was in Singapore... *where my ancestor came from before coming from China..doh..*
I was glad that I made it to meet my grand aunty, 94 years of age, living with her 2 spinster daughters (both in their 70's), who don't know who am I! She's already senile *ignorance is bliss*. Maybe if I can speak better Teo-chew that way, I can try to explain slowly to her, how I'm related to her... but my Teo-chew language is like "Le jiak ba buei?" which she replied "buei". errrmmm.... that's about it the conversation I can do in Teo-chew.
The only aunty that could talk to us (in fluent English) was Aunty Alice, who's a very lone ranger, who was sharing about her boring life story to us. I didn't even introduce sayang to her... mr. PR sayang started crapping nonstop with my aunty... aunty Alice must be really happy inside to have somebody to talk to, after caging themselves in the enclosed house for so long! It really felt like we were visiting an old folks home.
Also in Singapore, I guess 'law of attraction' made me & sayang bought the 7pm bus ticket back on Monday, because of SzTyn my friend who HAD to meet me by hook or by crook, to use me / to hand me her passport to her KL travel agent for visa application arrangement. On Monday, what was supposed to be a 2pm-ish meeting, end up to a 4pm-ish meetup in Raffles Place which was such a hurry, I barely get to chat with her.. and we had to head off to HouGang to collect our luggage, then take a taxi to BeachRoad where our bus is already waiting for us.
I didn't realize how tired I was, once I got on the bus, I remembered seeing this enchanting view overlooking the cityskyline with the beautiful sunset in the backdrop when the bus was crossing over this bridge..*grasp* Then I doze off quite immediately and slept through the journey until KL!
Oh and because we were in Singapore... the people we meet drives BMW 3 series. I don't really know how cheap it is... but hello?! Everyone back home drives Proton or Kancil or at most City or Vios nia....
At the end of the trip, I guess I know why my cousin bro is hoping to get a job in SG, why SzTyn chose to work in SG instead of JB, why there's so many people we know who are working in SG. Yet, I think it's quite boring as life seems so predictable, mundane, routine.. and small.
But I'll most probably come back again.. to continue using the EZLink card, so convenient! Yes, and I want my parents to come visit my grandaunty, as I kinda FORGOT to take a picture with them to show my parents to see how 'old' she had grown. It is like an omen that I shouldn't take a picture with them, so that my parents WILL eventually make a trip down SG to visit them for real, and not just see them in the picture.. and then *choi* get news that they'd gone! *choi*
(fotopages will be updated... as soon as I've sort out and resize it! )
4th : Must be eating nice food as shared in the above. I'm still not sick of CHOCOLATE ice cream!
So what else I did, specially just because I was in Singapore... *where my ancestor came from before coming from China..doh..*
I was glad that I made it to meet my grand aunty, 94 years of age, living with her 2 spinster daughters (both in their 70's), who don't know who am I! She's already senile *ignorance is bliss*. Maybe if I can speak better Teo-chew that way, I can try to explain slowly to her, how I'm related to her... but my Teo-chew language is like "Le jiak ba buei?" which she replied "buei". errrmmm.... that's about it the conversation I can do in Teo-chew.
The only aunty that could talk to us (in fluent English) was Aunty Alice, who's a very lone ranger, who was sharing about her boring life story to us. I didn't even introduce sayang to her... mr. PR sayang started crapping nonstop with my aunty... aunty Alice must be really happy inside to have somebody to talk to, after caging themselves in the enclosed house for so long! It really felt like we were visiting an old folks home.
Also in Singapore, I guess 'law of attraction' made me & sayang bought the 7pm bus ticket back on Monday, because of SzTyn my friend who HAD to meet me by hook or by crook, to use me / to hand me her passport to her KL travel agent for visa application arrangement. On Monday, what was supposed to be a 2pm-ish meeting, end up to a 4pm-ish meetup in Raffles Place which was such a hurry, I barely get to chat with her.. and we had to head off to HouGang to collect our luggage, then take a taxi to BeachRoad where our bus is already waiting for us.
I didn't realize how tired I was, once I got on the bus, I remembered seeing this enchanting view overlooking the cityskyline with the beautiful sunset in the backdrop when the bus was crossing over this bridge..*grasp* Then I doze off quite immediately and slept through the journey until KL!
Oh and because we were in Singapore... the people we meet drives BMW 3 series. I don't really know how cheap it is... but hello?! Everyone back home drives Proton or Kancil or at most City or Vios nia....
At the end of the trip, I guess I know why my cousin bro is hoping to get a job in SG, why SzTyn chose to work in SG instead of JB, why there's so many people we know who are working in SG. Yet, I think it's quite boring as life seems so predictable, mundane, routine.. and small.
But I'll most probably come back again.. to continue using the EZLink card, so convenient! Yes, and I want my parents to come visit my grandaunty, as I kinda FORGOT to take a picture with them to show my parents to see how 'old' she had grown. It is like an omen that I shouldn't take a picture with them, so that my parents WILL eventually make a trip down SG to visit them for real, and not just see them in the picture.. and then *choi* get news that they'd gone! *choi*
(fotopages will be updated... as soon as I've sort out and resize it! )



3 comments:
ahem...Gals.. Chitty chitty bang bang in Nov @ esplanade. Mau? Tis time shall bring along my lil binocular! * BIGGEST GRIN*
sound of 'chitty chitty bang bang', jives with 'notti notti joon joon'.
dont think im siow over CCBB in SG la!
i miss singapore!
Post a Comment