Thursday, August 23, 2007

the blog about my new roommate

Right about the time when my 3rd uncle gave away one his jack russell puppy to my home, that's also the time when my cousin sister came down from Penang to study in PJ, where our home is.

My cousin sis had a few choices, to rent a room near her uni at Section13 or put up with nincompoop & her noisy kids OR put up my home with already 8 living beings in it! After a month with nincompoop's family (oh don't bother, that's another aunty with lotsa crazy you dont wanna hear story), Wen decided to live with us.

*at this instant, Rodney the jack russell is barking nonstop at near midnight*
Actually I'm pretty blessed. Inspite of all the noise that everbody have to put up with, there's more good for me in having a new roommate, sharing the same bed with me. Yes, all these years I sleep by myself on my queen size bed and my bedroom the size of a master bedroom belonged to just me! The funny thing about Wen is how she's like an "aunty" to me, where she observed how I'm living with my bad habits which she couldn't tolerate...

For example, (need I say here? its so going to ruin my reputation!!) ok basically I am a lazy person. I am lazy to .... (you can fit in the blank). So Wen taking up this challenge, to CHANGE me, to not be lazy to .... ;) Well good luck to her!

She's a vegetarian. So naturally living with us, my mom will cook more vege meals, even the soup will be meatless. This is something good & healthy esp for sayang, so he says. Of course its better to have less meat la...

The coolest thing I thought that came out from her mouth one day was, she thought that my mom is bias towards my brother! *oh my gawwd* She actually saw that?! She said through her observation, my mom doesn't scold my bro for the nitty-gritty stuff that she'd usually shoot me non-stop for. And she showed her hand gesture of the woodpecker shootshootshoootshooooottt oh that's so my mom to me.

So now it seems like I'm having a new "sister" sharing the same room with me. No due to the wide age gap, I don't tell her my personal stuff, we just joke about each other alot. She's just very aunty-like... minding about me so this / that... in a fun way.

In most days, my mom will send both me and her to work/class. Then my dad will come pick us home.
I guess the whole point of my story is, in life we gain some and we lose some. I'm losing some space in my bedroom & privacy, but I gain the experience of having a fun younger sister! You see I've never ever had ANYBODY ironing my clothes for ME! (ok minus my mom ironing my school uniforms when I was in primary school) My brother IRON for ME? Hell no... me iron for my brother? Hell so many times...

I really got a little taken aback, when it was SO easy to get her to iron 2 pieces of clothes for me!
I'm not sure if this is long term, if I can continue sly / take advantage... its as easy as calling out "Wennnnn!!!!!! Bring that for me!" or "Wennnnnnn the dog shit already!!"

Oh the dog shit... since Wen is a pro in taking care of dogs, she's got a rottweiler back in her hometown, so now in my house where there's 2 dogs, she's co-master. And I don't really have to clean up the dog shit / pee mess! Can you believe that?! Unbelievable.... I had NEVER successfully got my bro to clean up the dog shit / pee mess in the house when I'm in the house. My other cousin brothers living with us? They're the same species like my brother.

Welcome to my house. There's no word to describe it. Big thanks to my mom for having to cook for everybody and babysit 2 dogs and become a driver and put up with the noise... *breath* my mom, that'll be another story.

No comments: