Hmm.. no photo to show, cos didn't bring my camera along. Why? cos its bulky and i'm not a big fan snapping picture of human. (Lagi the man is not so lengchai also :P)
The title of the meet-the-man session was "Dream a little dream" and that motivated sayang to go! And I just tag along without anticipating for anything. Cos I'm not allowed to ask him when is he going to 'refund' my cancellation of KT-KL flight fare.
My question written on the paper for him was "Are you a spiritual person?" and he replied "of course not!". Well then he said he's born and raised a roman catholic, but he's not such a believer and not so much a non-believer.. yeahhh..hhhhhhhuu
Then whole talk he said so many times hhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so much so it's very FUNNY. Imagine a CEO of a company talks so funnily, with the uncontrolled hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I didn't get much from the talk, cos I don't have a big dream like him. In fact I don't think what he referred to (low cost airline business startup) was his own DREAM, maybe he dreams about becoming his own boss of a big multimillion dollar business... but the AirAsia is not his dream!
He is a daring risk taker. He DARED to go for it. And THAT's what sets him apart from every other people living on this Malaysian soil. For THAT my salute to him. He's got nothing to lose to risk to TRY what he thought was a great business model.
Now that's an inspiring entrepreneur. He had zero knowledge about airline industry, he's a musician and he hates accounting. I guess he's got lotsa guts and faith and determination to see through his vision and mission to do something. Not forgetting, I think he is very intelligent. Somebody who knows how to think and knows that his idea for sure is a brilliant idea that will sure work!
Some consider him as "lucky". Maybe there are other smart & brilliant aspiring entrepreneur out there who knows that their idea will be a great business, but may not have the opportunity to meet with like-minded partners who'd risk their house for you, or who have the cable connection.
In Malaysia, anything is possible. Everything imaginable is possible. Your imagination is your limit! What can happen to your idea can go beyond imagination!
So there, I had the opportunity to listen to the man himself, Dato' Tony Fernandez who wasn't the god son of AK he wished he was.
Here I am admiring and revering a successful Malaysian reknown entrepreneur...
There I am not challenging and motiviting myself to be like one.
Oh such choleric-phlegmatic contradiction in me!
No comments:
Post a Comment