In this blog post after the IGC, I wanted to share something that I had no chance to ask.. well I almost wanted to ask bro WF when he was explaining how to tackle office politics... he said "Nah! May you be well and happy!"
Err... I'm not sure if I really got that. How can I taichi back to an arsehole and still say 'may u be well and happy' and mean it? Did he mean it when he said it? Dr. Ong definitely encouraged us and really want us to mean it...
Maybe I'm afterall a beginner in Metta meditation... or I've lost touch with radiating metta (to enemies), I find it so hard to genuinely imagine ^%^%$#@% of my office and smile and send metta sincerely to them. Bro THC said we should try to avoid 2-face ppl, as Buddha even said don't associate with the fools. Did Buddha also mean don't bother to send metta to fools? But we're disassociating with them... so why still bother send them metta?
Then I assess myself... and the secret work... how positive begets positive... why I don't feel / think positive at work... due to my own speech... because I've hardly give positive speech or think positively abt fools. Yes... unfortunetly I never took AT's career philosophy "never let anything happen by chance". The stupid reason that I'm staying in this company although surrounded with fools... is due to the convenient distance. Then when faced with unavoidable office politics and working alongside 2-face ppl.... I subconsciously prevented myself from having metta and peace towards all beings. I let "chance" put me in situation where I find it extremely tough to send positive vibes towads work-people. And with law of karma - what goes around comes around -- so I can't expect or blame it why other ppl always have the luck / opportunity while I don't!
If I follow the way of nature, or universal law... of positive begets positive... I must say nice things to ppl... (no matter hoooooooowwwwww HAARRRDDDDD) then more ppl will reciprocate! Even for ppl who's never met me but have to deal with me thru phone and emails... The law will conspire its forces to make me more likeable and be less of a threat to ppl... and eventually make my whole working life wonderful & rewarding!
You know all these while... all I do is to avoid shooting people... avoid saying nasty things.. controlling myself from not kutuk ppl... so it's not bad but there's nothing good! How do I learn to compliment people, how do I learn to speak with tact & empathy, how to say things that people like to hear, how to advise people nicely without making ppl deem stupid...
It's like investing in the merit-bank, I've not put in any positive merits but I also stay out of debts, which means... the merit-bank account is still zero. It's not negative neither its positive! If I wanna hope and wish and aim to be positive-energy-rich... I must invest with the right positive effort! Do more dana, speak more good words (& try to mean it)....
Bro. THC asked "at the end of the day, what do you want OUT of your life?" not so much on what do you want in life.
I guess to answer that -- that's why I am where I am today ;)
*i remember when I was young & naive, all I wanted was to become a UN volunteer, and to achieve that (coming from a middle-class family), I must work very hard to earn lotsa money to support myself when I don't get a salary in being a volunteer, enough money to support me up till old age -- so I wished I was rich*
1 comment:
If you treat ppl good, ppl will return the same to you -- it's not always true especially in an office :)
Btw, you don't need a lot of money to become UN volunteer, you can be a UN staff, and get paid.
~ K.wei
Post a Comment