Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Aspire to think Big!

Wow.. look at the market. This is just one of the graph for one of the client, for a local balance-income fund (not aggresive). I was telling my upline if only I sold off the units before 2008 then can get 30%!
But she said "we can never Time la!". That's the theory that I learn, which I mostly agree about investment, which is to go for long-term investment and using dollar-cost-averaging to help me keep sane with the yoyo market.

I'm honestly not cash rich enough and not ecomonically sound enough to risk in the volatile stock market. I also don't know how to buy-sell properties like Robert Kiyosaki. So what I do is keep RM200 aside everymonth into a fund with one-goal in mind, make the money grow until when I'm old!

I must always remember why I must do long-term investment -- retire at 55 & my epf balance by then will not be enough if I were to live until 70 years old. Factor in my suka travelling + many hobbies... havent even talk about charity! Imagine if I can become a tai-tai with alot of cash to do alot of Dana anytime! :P Like in future, when INCOVAR think about asking for sponsor, they think about 'auntie quek'!

Hmm.. do I dare to think big? Well maybe just a little bigger than my current small contented brain? I'm just sooooooooooooooo complacent, I don't seem to set smart financial targets for myself... why not?! Wouldn't you really want to bring your mom and munyee+his mom to Europe holiday together? Wouldn't it be cool to have just a little bit more in your asset, so that you don't have to argue with your dad about petty household expenditure? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to give your parents more than what they're asking for? C'mon MJ -- I need a little push here -- you aspire to think BIG!

No comments: