Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pre-CNY Doh

Negative thoughts create negative energy... that's what I observed.
I'm being numb listening to mom nag about everything the under the sun. To her she's just giving her opinion, its not complaining. To the listener - that's me - she's nagging / complaining / saying negatively.

So how it got me into a little mess? Aunty called her to tumpang put vegetarian stuff in the fridge. Infact I shouldn't say tumpang, because I have no idea that aunty is actually giving my mom the stuff as gift and its supposed to be put in the freezer. So my mom very boldly complained that there is NO SPACE in the freezer. She didn't mention anything about aunty GIVING us the stuff, which is meant to be kept in the freezer. And mom forgot to go pick it up from aunty house, and we all reached home. It's so late... while mom was bathing, aunty called to ask when are we coming to pick up the stuff to put in the freezer... I just repeated exactly what my mom told me "freezer got no space".

To which she said "you come take lah, my houes got no freezer.." which I don't believe and well I don't wanna drive out at 12.15am alone. Minutes later, aunty's husband came... I'm actually surprise aunty manage to get her husband to do things for her, this uncle usually shoot my aunty for being 'stupid'.

Anyway, uncle didn't utter a word standing outside my house, I didn't know it was uncle, because there's 2 cousins who usually come home very late at night not uttering a word when they come in. I turned my head, saw uncle... with a big packet of stuff, I said "why bring over? there's no space in the freezer!"

And I dunno why he didn't utter a word and left. Hmmm.... moments later, aunty called to speak to my mom to tell how angry uncle was -- that I'm so rude! That I didn't even say Thank You! That inspite of calling myself a Buddhist, I didn't even say Thank You!

....altogether now "DOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That was supposed to be a CNY gift? CHiiiiiiuuuuuuuu.... why would my mom NOT graciously accept people's gift instead complain about our freezer no space. DOH! I just repeated exactly what my mom said to my aunty & uncle, and now I'm being labelled so rude and a Buddhist who don't know how to say thank you. When I tried explain to mom that I didn't know the stuff is for us, not merely tumpang... then she cleverly imply that's because I simply assume things / getsmart.

Isshh... anyway, not the first time I'm having this sort of pre-CNY complication with my mom.

The thing I fear most is how I'm resemble her! Oh geeeeeee... esp when I'm driving and she's telling me where to turn (not following the sign). I somehow remembered how sayang got mad when I tried to direct him where to turn when he's behind the wheel. The pathetic part is, when I said "I'm following the sign" and she said "1U you know lah, but this place I know, I ask u to turn there..." Then I sarcasticly replied "Yes, I'm very blur wan you dunno meh" She counter back "but you always talk like you getsmart!"

~*~

No wonder my dad has always remained SILENT. Just don't bother open mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA. you use the word DOH way more than me. and who is the aunty. i want to know.