Tuesday, September 06, 2005

~ Try to remember the kind of September ~

Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh so mellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When grass was green and grain was yellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When you were a tender and callow fellow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then follow
Follow follow follow...

Try to remember when life was so tender
That no one wept except the willow
Try to remember when life was so tender
That dreams were kept beside your pillow
Try to remember when life was so tender
That love was an ember about to billow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then follow
Follow follow follow...

Deep in December it's nice to remember
Although you know the snow will follow
Deep in December it's nice to remember
Without a hurt the heart is hollow
Deep in December it's nice to remember
The fire of September that made you mellow
Deep in December our hearts should remember
And follow...

~*~

Things happened, and its not too great to mention,
and there's more to be ripen, the seeds planted at this junction.

Resignation the two colleagues tendered,
the difficult boss they so bravely assaulted.
That wasn't the most shocking news,
that caught me unexpected.

Last Saturday I drove to work non-chalantly,
knowing I will have no more kaki,
saw the bosses came so early!
and they dragged me to join them for morning tea.

Wondering what in the world they're going to tell,
some oil price hike bullshit story they try to sell,
while sitting in a garden did they start to spell,
that they're closing down the premise, what the hell?!

There are some Saturdays that I wish I'm free,
I wanna go karaoke with friends from 12 to 3,
I thought Saturday go Kuantan I need to take MC,
But now, my blessings are protecting me!

It's not that I dont see them anymore,
There's occasional meet up for sure.
They say they'll meet at the HQ office floor,
I'm just curious about where exactly is the door!

My parents went to ask Kuan Yin for answer,
about the path or future of my career.
My encouter with 'small people' my parents fear,
I only wanted to know I'll die which year!

This whole month I'm loaded with many things,
from newsletter editing to photography to printing.
Many friends' & cousins birthdays I'll be celebrating,
Matta fair, Lantern Nite, concerts all colliding.

My vocal training is coming to the closing chapter,
I've experience joy, tears and laughter.
I couldn't decide which of my wish is better,
but it is just mindfulness I sought after.

Why did I start this post with a song,
about this hectic month that wont last long.
Everything has a plan what could go wrong?
If only my energy and my mind remain strong...

~*~

7 comments:

Nee Sern said...

MJ... u can really write :_) that's a wonderful poem/song/sajak

Anonymous said...

got ryhme wer.

rap it yo .

Jyon said...

mj, u rock!

things might not be good on ur side, but daniel once told me, ur good karma will be there when u needed it the most.

hang on tight. its just work! passion and strength...

turtlegurl said...

this piece of blog is really beautiful... i mean it certainly ain't a happy piece but it's so touching....

MJ said...

tengkiu tengkiu... never know people do appreciate my effort in cooking words into rhymes. usually when im overwhelmed with a story to tell... then the mood is there.

Nee Sern said...

mj, would u like to contribute ur poetic skills into the incovar song?

Anonymous said...

wahh.... weeeeee....

=t=