Where was I? First daY?? Actually everything went great, just that after those great moment have passed, I'd eventually forget about it.
Like how I visited my 2 cousins who came back from England on compassionate leave to visit their very frail grandfather. I guess we're all expecting a funeral pretty soon, but I guess it's not a good thought to looking forward to a funeral during CNY esp... but I'm too hard a person most of the time. Granduncle is really sick, what can we all do? Just keep radiating Metta... should I teach all my distant relatives what to do? Well, my mom is good at that. Atleast for this family, nobody is tussling over a body, unlike some other relatives I know of. Yeah, last minute deathbed conversion is the norm amongst some really fanatics Christians, if only you really see it with your own eyes how idiotic deathbed conversion can be to me.
Whatelse, I met up with fellow Incovarian in Taiping! Guess what... doesn't come as a big surprise, as I knew how small the world is. My grandma is PL's mom's friend. Oh boy, she is sooo talkative! They gave me a token of angpow for my short visit, although my aunt sent me to Kg. Boyan, I had no problem going back as the aunty was sooo excited about knowing how I am connected... all the way the aunty guided the driver to my grandma house, and came in for a short hello.
Oh well, I'm not sure if I should be saying this out loud, but my grandma house is linked to gambling :P i'm wondering myself, which Chinese family do not gamble during CNY?! Even I placed my bets... lost alot in BM with my monkey & dog cousins.. but won back from my rooster grandma!! haha... no guilt, after that session we went on supper on me.
Back home from Taiping... even 3.5 hour drive (ya me.. i drove), after dinner.. another round. Thought my aunts how to play chor dai di, then played ngou abit before my uncle came and he became banker for blackjack. Errr.. at first won abit, then lost abit more... then i stopped. Actually I'm quite reluctant to part away with money... so gambling is very 'susah' for me.
The calm serene scenary is Taiping is always nice and peaceful. Saw lotsa fireworks atnight there... unlike the quiet new year in my city-hometown. Oh ya, I get to ride on the small bmx bike, only while in Taiping I get to just ride freely without minding about being knocked down by cars. Once I was cycling while trying to balance myself with one hand holding the camera... not stunt show, i just havent acquired the skill of cyclying handsfree!
Lotsa dogs to help usher in for this new year... we brought bobo along, my other cousin brought their kiki along to Taiping. Then we brought bobo further up north to BM to visit my aunt with a huge black dog Mambo. Geli... Mambo is soooo big size, I'm scared of going near it... they let Mambo in the house just like part of the family too!!! Aiskks...
Still havent visited quite alot of usual people to visit... going back to office today when more than half the staff is on leave is like really showing off! But I know what's important... when there is work to be done, I'll come back to complete it. But I get complained that I'm too free at other times... very d'oh. That's the nature of my job mah...
Aabubbaa my penpal finally got back to work after his month long wedding/honeymoon break. I think he enjoyed Malaysia, except probably the heat. Waiting for him to share his pic..
No comments:
Post a Comment