Alright... getting past midnight. Finally settled the 2 tickets that I didnt wanna lose anyway. Cos its my dad's 60th bday, it WONT be a celebration cos he repeatedly reminded everyone NOT to celebrate his bday for this pantang age of '60'. My paternal grandma died not too long after her 60th bday :P when I was 6.
So the restaurant, still undecided, but rest assured I'll be swiping the card though I wonder how else to cut down on my expenditure, to cook up for a small sum for Cambodia in early July and for my AIA annual premium payment this month due! Very paiseh to "borrow" money from my parents AGAIN! :P Yeah.. see how silly I could get. Fingers crossed that I WONT have to borrow from my parents again.
It was a cool weekend, having to stay in Swiss Garden Hotel for free for 2 nights, but end up checking out the next morning after using their small mini pool for just 30 mins. The highlight was of course KaraOK at Neway for more than 4 hrs!!! Wonder if I'll ever organise a 'family' KaraOK buffet session, Neway opening in 1U in June.. we'll see :P It's rm40++ quite expensive to mom, but always OK for dad.
Temple this morning really chaotic, with the Caring & Sharing, also the Sunday before Wesak! News got me that sis. Bodhi's mom passed away too. I just squeezed in a short mtg with my publication team, and off I went to pick up the gals to head home, not without stopping at Mont Kiara Flea Market. That's when the mantra goes through my head "dont buy, dont buy, dont buy, dont buy..."
Did you know, during the late afternoon, WB came over to showcase his demo to my mom and my aunts -- again! I just slept through it on the sofa in the living room, half eavesdropping the session... you just dont know how I dun bother abt healthcare / skincare.
Then dinner at ss2, met AL & his entire family sitting just on the next table, there I whispered to dad pointing -- so that's one of your captain-friend's brother :P
After dinner, went to 'visit' mdm tan who passed away at the nearby crematorium. Saw bro Tan HS and all his 'gang' assuming his students?! I'm really bad at 'behaviour', I just "wave" my hand at people (even if ur the famous bro. Tan HS), instead of .. i dunno SHAKE? or clasp hand together? Smile + wave = my signature greeting. Hope I didn't looked too sampat, esp trying to be a 'funeral photographer' :P There were like 5 dead bodies there: 2 christian style, 2 mahayanese buddhist style, 1 theravada buddhist style -- all under same roof :P The mahayanese style is the 'loudest', they used a mic (which I dun think they should) and their chanting were so loud, its obviously distracting the other neighbour's funeral prayer.
So I was thinking -- be it christians, buddhists or free-thinkers, all beings must die. No matter how different the ceremonies are, the coffins looks alike. A split second thought arised, would be good if I know how to chant for Buddhist funeral ceremony, to give people service ;) Or maybe we could take the good thing from a Christian funeral to apply, ie. short Dhamma talk on reflection on death / rebirth. It's very boring to just sit there and eat kacang after the short Buddhist prayer is over. My mom was chitchatting with one of the daughter of the deceased on why the lights / candles infront of the coffin must always be lighted -- "to guide the soul" my mom said. As I overhead, I cant help but say "Buddhist got no soul"... both ladies stared blank at me. But then I cant be sure that I'm correct so.. there save my saliva.
Another short work-week ahead, another very happening weekend to look forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment