Friday, September 01, 2006

She resigns today..

It did not come at all unexpected, I wasn't too surprised, its just the timing that is too quick.

Somehow before I go further, I realised something, that my schoolmate-now-lunchmate is reading my blog! :P Here I am praying that work-related people will not discover my worklife thrashing, there I directed her to read my blog for update. Aiya... promise u're not going to share it with ur hubby ya!

Actually, I do wonder what's wrong with letting people know how shitty an organisation is, but its not the first time I'm advised to pretend / not reveal the truth. All because 'the IT world is very small' she said. She's resigned without even having a new offer but she's being advised not to reveal how disappointed she is with the co. This really goes a long way from my learning of the 5 Precepts in Sunday school.

So when ppl ask why, I have to tell 'oh she got a new offer in a small company'. Basically I guess not many will care to ask, this place is kinda cold. There's no bday, no farewell, no trust. When ppl leave, they just leave quietly and disappear.

It's really.... remember at Ac, my teamlead & me (the only 2 gals) kept a bday track and we celebrated bdays for teammembers & even for the clients. And I was also given a surprise by my fellow multiracial workmates with a lovely cake! Sep 2003 yeah!

This Sep 2006, I'm thinking of applying leave! Gosh... how boring is that!

Oh ya.. my point of my teamlead finally calling it quit... I asked "do you feel relief and happy now?" she replied "no, im worried that within this 1 month they'll make my life even more miserable!".

Next week, the AU mgr together with the SG ppl will come down. I'm already immune to all the jokers, my current wish is for my teamlead to be strong. To forgive and forget about this hard-to-tolerate corporation. Her philosophy of life is "dont lie to people, and dont let ppl lie to you". To which I replied "I've been lied to so many times without even know it, so it doesn't matter!".

Maybe if my mind is more earth-based, not so holistic, then I can differentiate better what's a lie. But I dont wish to be contaminated that way just to learn the sad truth of earth-life.

Look beyond this work, look beyond this career, look beyond this lifespan, look at a supramundane life ;) ok ok.. crapping now... i know... how idealic if I could just be at the temple now as a volunteer, just providing services and reaching out to people!

I should seriously consider not be a slave to $$$? Oh you mean, I should work harder in my unit trust sales so that I could close millions of deals so that I could have a fat cheque to retire now?! Yeah fat hope.

No comments: