Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Wishful Thinking

Try search on the word 'corporate + management strategy + opportunity' and I found some online books and guess what this company:
Accenture (NYSE: ACN)
Global management consulting and technology services organization.
Category: Management Consulting

In my mind, I'm really interested in this whole yau yeng (ok if only I could be more professional with my speech!!) corporate management strategy idea, and that's the higher aim that I have in mind that is still keeping me sane with my work life. Ultimately, I want to know how on earth or where do I find the opportunity to switch to consulting group of my current co. Right now I'm 100% in outsourcing / servicing, probably the most I could reach is to manage an outsourcing contract or project.

I guess by writing a blog here will not help me to get to what I want, if I didn't try to go out there and stretch my arm to reach for it. Well, I cant turn back clock and tell myself to study harder in uni to score better cgpa so that they'd consider me for a consulting role in THAT company! Regret now? No... I never see myself first class anyway.

What about my career? I really do see myself there, being able to be with the management but I gotta start from somewhere. There's so many ways, tried or untried, direct or indirect, being flirty or serious, be tactful or too loud, have tien1chai2 or kou3chai2? I'm longing to find my niche in this market. I wish to seek out for a mentor / advisor in my current co, regardless of whether I stay or I go, atleast I could have a new referee. It's unfortunate that in my last company, I couldn't meet eye-to-eye with any senior.

I feel I have so much that I want and I can contribute to this company, not because I like it alot, but because its a big company with a huge gap in business-process improvement! I'm not sure if the global counterpart is of six-sigma standard, but the local standard is as bad as my mom's ex-cinapek company that she couldn't tolerate.

In my mind, I'm thinking would be good if the MD could engage Cj's company to come re-train the local/regional management staff. Now I could see the value that it would bring, but I wonder what's stopping them from opening the door to new phase of life, potentially with less problem leading to more profit. Maybe it's the part where Cj says "people dont know what they dont know".

Atleast I think I'm talking as if I'm at the level of "I know what I dont know". Hopefully in years to come, I'll reach the "I know what I know" stage, like those managers.

I wanted to share with my teamlead the mindset of selling / viewing things, in jyon's blog its called P=O, think it means Problems = Opportunity. My UT trainers would say Objections = Opportunities. Her life motto -- "you dont cheat people and dont let people cheat you" -- is not inspiring enough. After having gained deeper understanding of the nature of the world, just like how I've been rooted with Buddhism, I just have to acknowledge the fact that the world is afterall rooted with greed, hatred & delusion.

Feels like a wishful thinking to lead a meaningful IT-corporate lifestyle with strong Buddhist philosophy influence. I still have this wishful thinking of having the opportunity to meet an inspiring manager amongst all the fakers that could lead me the way, to sustain a better career alongside a purposeful life ahead.

*keep dreaming* maybe someday my prince will come.. *cough cough*... cut the crap, go to sleep.

No comments: