That's what my dad said about me. I practically told the whole world that it's my bday today. Nah, its the way I talk. Was on dinner table, when somebody called, so since I knew its on the screen who's the caller, I answered the phone by shouting 'Happy Birthday to me!'. Lol.. well, that's exactly what I heard from the other end...
At work, last week, I sorta spill it out to the SG mgr that Monday evening is no good for me for team gathering, where he asked me, so I told why. Next thing I know, the MY mgr emailed to our team for farewell cum bday lunch on Monday. But the sad thing was the restaurant -- we ended up have vegetarian lunch at Nanking. Err.. no I dont really enjoy eating alot of beancurd foodstuff. Due is this to miscommunication, when SG mgr invited guys from the other team that involved a Muslim, who didnt turn up for the lunch do anyway.
Anyway, it was one of the most boring company eating session at a round table. I've never felt so awkward with 'people' before. Even the SG mgr commented 'u guys are really so shy?'. Aiyooo... I really dont want to be sooo quiet, but I cant start talking. On my left side, my ultra quiet & shy old teamlead. On my right, the vain guy who doesn't mix well with English-speaking guys. Further on the right is my new teamlead who's English is not so good either. How 'showy' do I want to portray myself to be? Just went on with the flow, and pretend that there's stone in my mouth.
Later towards 5.30pm, my teamlead said "lets go pantry, they bought a cake for you". That was REALLY unexpected. This is a company with NO birthday celebration culture before! Whoaah... MJ broke the chain :P LOL. The cake is bought by my new teamlead, probably advised by the SG mgr, all trying to 'buy us' to boost our morale. Just give face, went to pantry, with cllg from even the other team, all walked away from their desks to the pantry, to sing me a birthday song.
The sad thing is, they bought me a Mocha cake. I dunno to laugh or to cry. I DO NOT DRINK COFFEE. Seriously, I will puke when I take a sip. So the cake, I TRY to bite it, but I couldn't bring myself to bite it. I hope they didn't see me 'not eating' the cake. I was busy cutting and serving and then packing. So maybe they didn't realise, I succeeded in not eating the cake they purposely buy for me, without anybody knowing.
Another Doh story, the SG mgr asked me infront of everyone, so how old are you this year? What is your animal sign? I replied "goat" and he said "oh you must be a little goat!"
Oh ya! I have NO IDEA what he meant, I said "oh no im a big size goat!".
~*~
Continue from the story above... towards the night, I was somewhat duped into a 'yamcha' session organised by Jo. *how sweet*.. :P and I sorta mistaken its a gathering with DJ schoolmates cos my friend dropped by my house, gave me a Michael Buble latest CD and apologized for not able to make it for the yamcha session. So anyway, there was at the cafe, with the usual bunch of INCOVARians -- who else, who would sacrify Monday late night evening entertaining me :D *awwww shooo flattered*...
At the end of the night, when I thought I wanna speed home, I saw 3 human-monkeys, that was so funny, even funnier, that I didn't know what were the 'signs' of these monkeys -- I waved bye bye to them, instead of stopping the car -- which was what the hand movements actually meant! Yeah, KNS went jumping so high up, I thought 'wah no need to so semangat wave good bye gua..'
So anyway, I got another gift! *shoo sweet* Another CD!
~*~
Incase my bday story didnt end there, the bunch of idc committees, although its the next day already, I must of course be thankful they bothered to STILL celebrate it, and bought me another -- mocha cake!!! :D I really felt blessed that people there for me, meanwhile I gotta list of 'what-i-dont-eat' published / make it known publicly.. haha... Sometimes you wish you're not so smart, didn't realise this time I could 'guess' what they were up to, when ppl are whispering infront of you and not telling you anything ~ Doh.
~*~
And on Wed, had nice pasta dinner with my buddies at Italiannes.
~*~
Enough?? Yeah.. enough. Thank you, thank you all!
3 comments:
wahhh......
=t=
appy bird day ;)
happy birthday to you too!!
you have the leadership quality, no need to hide it.
Post a Comment