*think DIGI ad*
"Hou wong ah! Jao hai li dou ah!"
I tell you, if you walk into my house and my dad sees you in YELLOW, habis... everybody laugh their head off! So this Saturday, when I'm inviting everybody to come to my house, I was thinking what if everybody got DIGI-ized and turn up in bright yellow attire. Havoc.
Just because my dad has invited all his Malay cllg to come for this Sunday, he thinks our house couldn't fit so many ppl, he need to set up a tent. Since I have a party on Saturday night, so I could use the tent too, without requesting for it.. yet I have to split the tent bill with him. Like DOHH??!!
Now since I'm already having a tent for the party and its a potluck event, my aunt say "why not I invite my children's nanny family staying nearby to come?". My mom say "why not I invite your grandma & your ahku & ahyee to come?". My cousin bro who's coming back on this Saturday itself called and asked "since you're having a party can I bring my friends over? like not more than 10 of em?". My dad reminded me "since you have a tent & you're having a party, what happens when your sensitive Seapark aunty is not informed of what's happening?". OK.. I have to say yes to all right... its a POTLUCK, anybody can come, just bring some food.
So how was my CNY celebration so far? Everythng was as expected, the only surprise was my cousin bro's paternal 97-year-old grandma (finally) passing away, on the NIGHT of CNY eve! Infact, the recorded time of death was probably past midnight, so they say it's a good thing you know.. she's really really old and she passed away peacefully on her chosen time! Its like she knew that she's going, and she waited and decided that ok it's time.. and breathed her last breath.
They say she ate too much for the night. She told her nursing home mates that she's "not coming back and she's going home for her reunion dinner". True. She looked peaceful resting in the coffin. She's being cremated somewhere in Kamunting, and the urn will be kept at a Buddhist temple in Taiping, where her deceased youngest son's urn is placed at.
There's nothing 'bad' about going for a funeral during the CNY for our family, many of my mom's relatives attended the funeral, sorta like giving alot of 'support' for my 2nd ahyee, the nicest daughter-in-law for the 97-year-old pohpoh :P You know how different family, got different story, I'm quite (ok maybe very) pat / kepoh to listen to all their stories that has nothing to do with me.
Anyway.. I think I missed out crapping about the heavy traffic! OK maybe it's not that bad compared to the exodus on the eve of CNY, but I started journey quite late on chor-sei, ie 4pm left Juru Toll in mainland Penang, and reached PJ at 8.45pm. Ok maybe I was very hungry, and I got tired of driving all the way. It's like very syiok at first, I drove from KL to Taiping... then Taiping to Penang, Penang to KL. Can you imagine the number of vehicles circling around in the capital city?! Everybody seems to be coming back... it was slow moving all the way from Tapah resthouse. I dont quite like driving at night.
I'm back to office chor-6th. I dont care if its good or bad, I'm not quite in the mood to work yet, but I could save one day of leave, and errr... avoid being 'useful' at home. They're still going rounds of visiting today, I've had enough of angpow seriously.
ok.. eyes cannot open liow...
No comments:
Post a Comment