You know why I don't wanna talk about 2008? Besides having plans for many activities... on a personal level, I think I'm not ready to be 29! Because I still feel like I'm 27, sometimes when people do ask what's my age, spontaneously I'd be thinking I'm 27... but then I'll use maths to count, wait in 2007, my age would be 28! Oh gosh.... *in denial*
So don't even talk about 2008, mathematically I'll be 29 but I'm still 27. I hope I can always be 27. But I'll surely look forward to 30! Upstairs being say I'll be successful at 30 (buaahahahaha)... but even if I'm not predicted to be succesfully, I know I will be looking forward to age 30 more than being 29. Cos 29 is just the number before 30! Like I can officially say I'm 'old' when I'm 30, hence not do so much stuff and get away with it... wakakakakaz..
When I turn 30, I'll then have reason to be more concern of my health that I never care about because I'm supposed to be still young. You know like even bother to self-examine for lump in breast or do what check for what level...
When I turn 30, I'll know that I'm not young anymore, hence in my career I'll be pushing myself harder or be more proactive at work & not be so lackadaisical in updating my resume. Due to the age pressure, will want to challenge myself to be somewhere...
When I turn 30, I'll then start to wonder if I'll ever get married?
When I turn 30, I'll probably have a place of my own...
So... back to two-nine... what's there being 29? I won't get a new boyfriend at 29. I don't even know if I'll change job at 29. I've heard they say girls don't get married at 29. The world economy doesn't look so good in Q1 2008, the only 'certainty' in 2008 is the 'uncertainty' of the market. I dread to see if the funds I chose underperform and I'm answerable to my clients. They say the property bubble might burst, but then I don't even know if I should share buy property with my boyfriend? Should I join the Effective Speaking Course? Will I ever be going to Tibet? Will there be an election and can opposition win more parliamentary seats for the people's sake?
Anyway, I guess 2008 is just an extension or carry forward from 2007. Just keep snowballing the initiatives and efforts put in during 2007. If all the plans for 2008 can be pulled off successful, then 2008 will eventually end with a bang! And I'll be anticipating for the 080808 opening of the Beijing Olympics.
My hope for 2008.... that my spirit for INCOVAR and 9bugz can be sustained if not lifted to higher level... that I will meet with more wise people to mentor / guide me... that we can all successfully achieve what we've set out to acheive.... that I can continue to inspire or help people... that I'll be wiser... that the coming general election is fairer...
A toast to a wonderful 2007 that's been!
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?
In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?
How about measure the year 2007 - measure in love?
No comments:
Post a Comment