Sunday, December 30, 2007

X'mas in Spore, oral surgery, Happy New Year!

When pictures paint a thousand words, I don't have to write so much. The past week has been really eventful, from missing out on the 15NOW concert just to show face at a big coconutsteamboat family reunion, to taking the bus alone from Pudu at midnight and getting down at Skudai 3am in the morning, to celebrating x'mas with sayang's family in Spore in the most Christmassy way.

X'mas eve, I used imeem to play Christmas jingles through out the night from the brother's desktop. The lights were dimmed, turkey & ham were served in most generous portion, champagne were served before and after dinner! I said, "didn't we forget to say grace?" Then everyone looked at each other... "Amituofo!"

I enjoy the company and the warm cosy feel more than the food because it was very meaty! Maybe it was the very hearty western meal for lunch, treated by myee's friend in Spore. They brought us to Miss Clarity Cafe that even have their own website! If there's one cafe here so colourful and 'girlie' I'd definitely bring my 15-year-old and 12-year-old cousin sisters! It seems every Western joint we went, there'd be Chocolaty dessert! In one short trip, I didn't have to pay for any meal at all... and get to eat what I like to eat!

What I'm most thankful for is the opportunity to visit the Nalanda Trial exhibition in the Asian Civilization Museum for free! And there was a special Buddhist guided tour by this gentleman who spoke with so 'englishy' accent but good in Chinese as well! Usually museum visit is boring to me... but this is so different! Maybe of my interest in learning Buddhist history and culture... at the room where I first saw the Buddha's relic... it just dawned on me, that's BUDDHA's RELIC?? THE BUDDHA??! (ok at this point, I thought it was the first time I saw the Buddha's relic) You know the 'rapture' feeling? Tears just trickle down... *what?! you're crying?! in public?! no no you gotta be kidding quick control!!*

I'm not sure how to explain this feeling, its like there's a strong energy or aura in the room. According to sayang, he said he could sense that there were many devas in the room! :P Anyway, moving on... we bought the souvenir book of this Nalanda Trail exhibition at $37++! Even the handbag bought at Robinson was much cheaper ler...

Alright so back to Malaysia... another xmas party with the starbugz gang on boxing day before I go on mc leave for my minor oral surgery. Gift exchange was so funny thanks to Sue's crazy idea -- you get to unwrap your gift infront of everyone and the next person gets to snatch your gift if he/she likes it! Errr... very confusing to explain to anyone. I feel sorry for snatching SF's mug... but hey it was aaron who snatched my nice porcelain tea set woh! Saved the best for last.. sayang got to unwrap the last gift (sort of least attractive present)... and aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh I want! :D Nvm surely he'll bring me along for it -- HarganDaz icecream voucher!

OK OK... now here's what I really wanna write about -- my wisdom tooth surgery. Everybody was telling me how painful it will be, and yes I've been for my first oral surgery at UPM and it was excruciatingly painful! But, I dunno if its the dentist experience or my prayer before leaving the house... the surgery was pretty smooth, the only pain was the one second anaesthetic shot and that's it! Until now, I don't feel any pain! How could this be?! Then I remember Datuk telling this to Alex Tan "you don't feel pain because you got no anger!" LOL :D

How true is this statement? I hope some one else can verify for me, that its the dentist or is it the prayer?

Happy New Year 2008 to all my friends! If you believe, let's pray or make your personal aspiration for the new year, and if you ask & believe *like attracts like* -- it will happen.

No comments: