Sunday, March 09, 2008

Makkal Sakti! The Rakyat has Risen!

Considering this is not a public blog, there's no need to report about the result and plucking commentaries from everywhere... and actually I'm speechless about this March 8 polling result, I still wish to pen down my personal story.

Friday evening, that was my last chance to attend the DAP ceramah, actually I'm quite a malas person and it was drizzling a lil, but somehow dad, me and sayang got the umbrella and head on to SS2. It was raining... I couldn't who's onstage because of the multi-colour umbrellas but I could only hear the speaker. I missed listening to Teresa Kok, but it was still worth coming out of the house to listen to Tony Pua, Gobind Singh and Haris Ibrahim.

There's this story about the Gardener and the Principal narrated by mr. Tony... funny how it didn't dawn on me earlier he was trying to refer to Chew Mei Fen playing the role of the Garderner instead of being a Principal. Anyway, everybody burst into laughter.

With this result where even Loh Gwo Burne can win... meaning you put anybody in the opposition party standing in the urban-chinese-majority seat also will win!

When they call for more volunteers for polling agent / counting agent, I went to register at the very last minute, and I didn't receive any instruction until midnight. When I turn up at 1pm-ish at Sri Aman school, the coordinator actually said all shift is taken up and I only need to be back at 4pm to standby as counting agent, since they needed 2 CA. Nah... how can they count both state and parliament at the same time? The schoolteachers-turn-SPR pengawas were actually quite blur, the KTM was also so afraid of recount, he reminded them to count slowly and accurately. I was eager to know if Tony won for that stream, so when the first few ballot votes reveal *phew... would be unbelievable if Tony do not win! This is a stream for people in their 50's and almost 80% votes went to DAP!

Even more exciting was Lau Weng San got even more votes than Tony Pua! Haiya... I'm already not serious with the counting agent role, can quickly balik rumah dah... but this pengawas was very slow... I'm like faster faster faster already know DAP win liow... half way thru counting I was smsing my dad and uncles already.

While the Singaporeans went for the Jewel of Tibet musical in Istana Budaya, I had to attend my coursemate's wedding dinner in Puchong. It was abit rude for the wedding couple as nobody really paid attention to the wedding, but the topic at the dinner table -- who won where? The phone calls, the sms that kept pouring in...

Anyway, something I'm abit annoyed with is the fact that I receive 'warning sms' about staying clear off the street, and when sayang received those messages he relayed it so boldly to fellow friends... like what happens to Kalama Sutta? Why believe in any sms received without verifying the source? Why do I feel the need to tell all the people off -- do not fear and do not spread rumour whatsoever. I understand why we should learn from history and opposition should not'celebrate' victory so as not to provoke the Malays -- DOHHHHH!

Why if they win they can celebrate and be proud, but if other ppl win must be humble and stay calm and not celebrate. Is this fair? Why they can rampantly provoke other ppl but you are advised not to provoke them. Doesn't it sound toooo childish to hear this, let alone anybody to 'suggest' this, wherever the suggestion come from.

I was in the street in Bkt Bintang KL until way past midnight, having supper with the Singapore friends. Even they are oblivious to any rumour or any protest. I guess Daryl, the Spore tourguide said it best "I think the Malaysian people are now mature..."

My new inspiring visionary hero for this country --the people's lawyer Haris Ibrahim.

No comments: