Anyway, the camp was not about me. It's about change. I can relate to it superficially and subconsciously. Being a stubborn white-hat person that I am, its quite pointless to me sometimes when you ask me about the whole camp objectives. But that's not for me to argue, its for the programmers to choose and decide.
As pathetically neutral as I am, the ixp was irrelevant to me. I am neither here nor there. I have to admit it, I didn't do a good job in ixp faci-ing, although it was mind-blowing to my mentee who really didn't know how the get the ball rolling to make the participants talk. It was very tough job for this ixp because the prompting questions were so wuliow that even I could not answer it. If I was the participant being asked those questions, I would outrightly d'oh-ed the faci on the spot.
What was the thing in the past that I wish I could change?
If given a second chance, what would I do differently?
What's the effect of the change?
Like so doh... (this is solely my opinion, as I am who I am pls don't take offend). I would answer the same way as one of the participant in my group -- I never look back and regret the decisions made in the past. I would not intentionally hurt people. I never try to hurt myself. What is there in my past that I would change?!
The trigger was not strong enough to make me feel regret or strike me that I should have been nicer to my mom. This was my sharing when I was a participant before during the ixp. Will I change to become even nicer to my mom now? Err... you come become my mom's only daughter la.
So with regards to my present life now, and what this camp means to me, on a selfish note, it means the end of me being chairperson. I really wish to move on from IDC which doesn't mean moving away. It's just letting the younger people run the show entirely on their own without needing me to push people.
To accept change, to truly understand change, I must allow change.
On a financial note, I must change my spending style if I were to commit to a property. I cannot see how Buddha's financial theory can ever be applied in my life. 1/4 to spend, 1/4 to save, 2/4 for investment. Should insurance be considered saving or investment? Is buying own-home a saving or investment?
Anyway.. that's about it for now. Really not much to say about the camp. Somebody approached me and say "congrats mj, its a really nice camp!" Hmmm... well I thought nice is not good enough (for me).
How do I measure success of idc? When all committees are not bickering about each other, when all committees can see eye to eye and love each other truly, when everyone can eat / sleep / dream the incovar culture ~ then would I say the camp has truly met my aspiration.
~we aspire to inspire the aspiration for inspiration to aspire to inspire~
No comments:
Post a Comment