Say your new house will be completely empty. Just like playing a virtual reality game of trying to fit in the furnitures in your new empty space you call your future home. What are you going to get to fill in the spaces?
I know for one, am not having extra cash to buy nice fancy furniture like those show-houses, such nice lamp, cosy sofa, nice carpet, good wooden cabinet by the wall, fancy vase on the dining table, customized lightings... you name it, I can visualize it. I can even think of what 'theme' you want the house to be, wether the house will have a bali-nese wooden feel or a modern contemporary artsy-fartsy style, or very downright chinesey with grand altar and red colour all over.
So there... say I don't have the money to materialize what's inside my imagination... what do if I just could afford the MOST important things I must get an empty new house?
Here's a list, I think in order from most important.
1. Fridge - everyday after work, I go home open the fridge look for chocolate or anything to bite. And its the place to store eggs and vege / meat if I plan to cook. COOK?! Did I say I plan to cook? Well yeah... if I have my own freedom without my mom nagging me on how I dunno how to cook, fuiyo then I can experiment the whole kitchen like its my kitchen and I'll "play" with the vege and cook up some meal for myself without my mom having to pick on me. Ahhhh... bliss. When she heard me saying "next time when I stay alone, I wanna make salad to eat" and she started her nag "why only next time? why now you cannot make salad? why must wait until when you're staying outside?" With that.... I purposely will not make salad in the house just because I like to. Dohh...
2. Cooking Pan - yahh... when trying to learn how to cook, must have a real cooking pan or pot to learn your cooking on right?! Basically my cooking skill is limited to spaghetti, fried rice, maggie mee, fry egg, omelette, fry vege, steam fish, fry lucheon meat, stir-fry sausages... and make salad!
3. Which means need gas & stove. Hmm with that I think, can host my friends over for makan already, wakkakaka. Withtout tables and chairs, you guys can still sit comfortably on the floor to makan ala-Malaysian right. Ok atleast need cups and plates to serve the food eh. I also know how to make fruitpunch / mocktail for party :D
4. So the house is still virtually empty, I need to sleep at night... I guess its ok to want to invest in a good bed. I've not own a really thick mattress before, you know the Slumberland mattress? When I was small, I slept on doubledecker bed with a thin mattress. When I got older, I inherited my aunty's old bed (when she moved house) that I'm still using until now. So you know the thick Slumberland bed that I can jump on it and its still springy?! :P Ahh... ok ok I don't really need the whole 'rangka' of the bed, I just want the springy Slumberland mattress to sleep on.
5. Ok maybe I need a table somewhere to atleast sit down to place the laptop to work. Could be a dining-cum-work table? Could be an office table inside the room? Table is functional. Table can be where people come dine together. Table can be where I can put things :P *ok stop there, if not sayang will clear up all my things that I'm not supposed to simply put the table*
....I wanted to put in water heater shower in the list but without that, I can still take my bath right?!
...without washing machine still can hand wash!
...without sofa set can sit on cushion sit on the floor.
...without shelves or cabinet can still put things lying inside the box :P hahaha.
What a doh house *in my imagination* :)
3 comments:
Water heater need la....when u come home tired from work, u need the hot water to untwist and relax ur muscles. Unless, u don't mind sendiri boil and pour into a pail and mandi =P With that, u need a kettle.
with simple furniture also can set a theme to ur house. put a theme do not need expensive furniture but to guide u to buy the relevant/correct things!!
-yt-
add a dog too! haha!
Post a Comment