Wednesday, October 08, 2008

United!

Will make a quick entry about my new job...

bad :
- no personal email access from office (yahoo mail & gmail is blocked)
- no msn
- no laptop to bring home to abuse
- not as near as excompany
- not in PJ (where I can get mom to pick me up anytime, say go to Uptown...)

....but notice all that kinda superficial level right.

good :
- teamlead is soooo nice & humble! (well maybe its just the first day)
- teamlead has so many soft toys on her desk, its so easy to sweet talk her
- teamlead and teammates actually go to lunch TOGETHER and me & the other new girl are most welcome to join them!
- reminds me of my UPM days where everybody converse in Mandarin... topic of interest 'baby milk' and 'where to find cheapest food' and 'where is my hometown'... so typical! (not forgetting everyone is ever ready with an umbrella)
- they don't talk about work / people during lunch!
- most of them can laugh or know how to laugh!
- nobody gives me the creeps, like saying 'oh you must watch out for so-&-so....'
- infact the manager / ladyboss (ya my karma with female bosses!!) has no issue with time, I can come and go anytime I want, not following the official time, as long as I finish my work!
- nice to know that its OK to leave at 5.45pm sharp ;)
- company have better purchasing power to use more tools / systems for IT work.
- so I get to learn & use the latest version of the Unicenter product (excompany will not wanna upgrade)
- there is no SLA to meet! *wakakakakkakakaa!!!!* (now here's a lubang for me to suggest to them on best practices in IT services... but really its bringing pain to myself, having all the miserable SLA target to meet monthly... its good for the company no doubt... do I wanna put the good of the company before me?)

...well isn't it good enough?

Infact I think the lrt rides, having to switch train & walk abit is good exercise! Or actually, I treat it as opportunity for me to reflect with my time alone, just me and my breathing. Its not easy for me to find this 'time' with just me and my mind, where I have to learn to tame the mind. *wish the air ventilation inside the train was much better, so I don't have to feel no air when trying to breath deeply inside the crowded train*

Let's enjoy and live by the moment. This I've taken home with me from my Ladakh trip, from ven sanghasena.... to live in the present. Worry not of the future, just do your best / stay focus in every present moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good : higher pay

heheheh