Sunday, October 12, 2008

Y08Q4 Update

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, with all my past (good) karma *hopefully my past been good* that the pathetic economy won't hit me directly. On the second day of work, there was this email notifying about freezing headcount. At first I felt so lucky and thankful that I already got in *phew, then only they start to freeze headcount. Later when I tell dad about it, again he scared me: "huh, later they counted the heads got extra, they cut you because you joined last..." *choi! choi! touch wood! where got ppl curse me like that wan... *

Then it dawned on me, that I'm still under probation, I'm confirmed YET! *shit!

So now I will try my best to be very useful, and add value to the team. Since without msn & personal email access, I have no choice but to just do office work. I was thinking to upgrade my mobile phone to which has wifi connection, so atleast can msn from the mobile device! Maybe have to consider subscribe to maxis broadband service too... (if stay new house takda internet mati aku)

Actually very hard to slack at work, my teamlead sits directly behind me, she can talk to me directly without raising her voice. The partition for each cubicles lower than that in excompany... every monitor screen I can see is displaying either coding or intranet. Funny facebook is not blocked! Hmm... maybe the chinese dudes manning the web-filter don't play facebook :P doh!

~*~

There's alot of friends wedding coming up... infact somebody in sunsch was teasing me that each time there's an important event organised by the school, it somehow co-incide with my friend's wedding. Which is no lie...

14sep - student trip to FRIM / Melaka friend wedding
1nov - appreciate nite for the school / coursemate wedding in Penang
14dec - staff fellowship trip to jeram besu / highschool friend wedding where I'm photographer

Anyway, I'm glad that I don't have to burn my kuching flight ticket to attend coursemate Magdalene's wedding on 11nov... which clashed with new induction programme. I managed to get HR to switch me for dec, I thought headcount freeze means no more induction programme manatau still got another one in dec! :D *yay

~*~

No comments: