Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Planning for HK Dec'05

You know what keeps me excited? Planning for a trip! Any trip for that matter. Just as I was wondering about what to write about for my blog, its like I am running out of stuff to write, due to total boredom at my new workplace. There is really nothing much to describe about my type of work -- really not worthy of mentioning.

SO HONG KONG it is. With my 2 cousin sisters from Penang. We plan to go in early December, coincide with the x-mas decorations, also to go to DISNEYLAND!!! Can you imagine going to a DIsNEYLANd?!! Actually I cant, because I've grown out of it. The last time I dreamt about going to Disneyland was when I was 12 or 13. Those days I've already started 'planning' about my dream trip to USA.

Then along came education and friends, I dropped of USA from 'Favourite places to go' list, and end up backpacking Europe in Sep'04. That's not the end of all the travels, as I've come to realise how not-so-hard it is to save just about enough to buy air-tickets and book budget hostel online :)

Anyway, back to HK. Its NOT my favourite place to go, but my cousins just ask me to go. Me being the eldest of the pack, I know I'll readily accept the offer, and probably end up steering the plan... my way! (If you didn't already know, its either my way, or byway.. ahem, but I'd make it in such a way, you didn't even realise it).

So, the budget that I'd cooked up with for plan A: AirAsia flight to Macau then take ferry to HK and stay in hostel would cost about RM800++

My friends who'd been to MATTA fair and MAS Travel fair booked their free & easy package to HK for abt about RM1100++ or was it RM1200++. Although I've been invited to join them, I'd rather stick to the hope given to my cousins.

What else can I do in HK?! Hmm... the girls say -- shopping! Nah... doesn't inspire me. Photography?? Nah... its HK... I dont have a good SLR to shoot pretty night skyline. So how am I going to get myself excited for the trip?!!

I guess the whole point of the big deal about travelling (for me), is the 'planning' part, and the reading up about the new city/country/place. Getting familiarised with the map, understanding the language, seeing and believing with my own eyes.

I like the idea of getting lost in a city. haha... just go wherever the taxi driver would take me to (choi, dont think otherwise). Anyway, I'm gonna be with my cousins, one is a scout and one is a headstrong girl, I dont know how I'd cope with my entire trip with them, even now I hardly see nor talk to them in real life. Rest assured, we're understanding people... I hope!

So, leave applied? Not yet. Tickets book? Not yet. Just keeping the faith... alot of faith.

No comments: