Tuesday, December 06, 2005

i am very sleepy..

i am very sleepy.. trying not to sleep at the office now is as bad as trying to sleep comfortably in the airport in freezing Macau. The temperature was probably <12degree celcius. It was reported to be 12degree on 5th Dec. The day before was already 14degree, still bearable.

i did not have any thick winter jacket with me, and I'm not used to sleeping with aircon. So just imagine, shivering the whole night inside the airport. Dont ask me why dont I go somewhere else to hang out.. there was nothing, no where to go in a very lame place like Macau. I really really wish not to give negative comments to places I visit to... its just that the main attractions are just some old buildings where I've seen even older buildings with the same feel. Remember I was freezing cold in Holland, and I was seeing old buildings in eastern europe. Bleh.. I shud have stayed longer at McD... brrr.......

not a read-book person, although I brought a book along. Well, the communist newspaper given to me during the demonstration day in HK, was interesting to read, but you know what happen when you read very serious stuff in the middle of the night when you're very tired and sleepy and freezing? Well... manage to cover 2 huge pages... and still wishing to continue. It explains why China lost its Chinese values and traditional culture. This is really what I really wanna know... why does Chinese not wear their own costume when Indians wear Saree, while Malays wear baju kurung all the time.

Talk abt costume... well i just call it pretty lovely 'chinese dress' that I really wanna buy it back home but its always VERY expensive. So from HK i bought 2 pcs, from Macau bought 2 pcs.

It's a somewhat great shopping spree, minus the aching of the feet and knowing I have a 'budget' limit. I've completely crossed my budget, and running out of deficit credit through next few months. Bought 1 Samsung hp for dad and 1 Nokia phone for my bro. Well, I know they'll pay me back... yeah wait till that happens.

My car? Did you know my car was severely banged on the night of my departure for Macau?!!! I didn't know that until arrival this morning. Who else but the only guy left staying in my house would have sneaked out the house driving my SLK. Yes he does have a license but he is a terrible driver. Driving all the way to FEDERAL Highway at night!?!! I just dont want to spend a single coin for the car repair. This cousin of mine... 1 day ... just 1 day in the house with my parents in Bangkok, me going to HK, his bro going to Johor, and my bro in Ipoh... he got my car wrecked.

My teamlead is great. She asked me to go back early today.. like 4pm to rest. Sometimes I dunno what to comment having such nice teamlead working with me. I just have to 'be nice' with her too... and u know how 'easy' it is to 'be nice' to people. I dunno what to say when she said she wanna join me on my next adventure... not to say I dont want her along, but I havent even plan anything but only the 'interest' there are quite a few people already telling "can I join you to Cambodia?"

Next time... just take a direct flight to HK and save your energy & time, but spend a little more. Wait is there a next time for me? AWww... well that's the sweet question asked by the hostel uncle, he's my foster-dad during the 'homestay' in HK :) I thought I'd be staying in a hostel, but the hostel is managed by the Dai family, from Indonesia but they're Chinese. I greeted uncle good morning every morning and we just chatted about stuff... in basic Mandarin. The uncle's cantonese slang is very weird.

Many people in HK I meet do not speak with a fluent (tvb)type of Cantonese, its like the China-type of Cantonese. Not surprisingly, many people are not native HK people. It's great, well just flattering to know how some HK ppl thinks Malaysians are very clever. We know Cantonese, we know Mandarin, English and even Malay!

With my usual Mandarin conversation with my cousin sis, people will start to think we're both 'Dai Luk Mui' (from mainland China)... then I switch to Cantonese, and they'll raise their eyebrow.. and turn obliging when I start using English. But very very paiseh that I cant read as much Chinese characters as the signboards shown everywhere.

Knowing Chinese would be so beneficial. The roadsigns in Shenzen was only in Chinese characters. Great... at least I know some simplified Chinese, to figure out which was is to the train station.. even the MAP is in Chinese.

I have alot more to talk about, about Shenzen. Macau was complete tasteless to me so dun bother asking. HK is just HK but the sea water and hilly backdrop was much more captivating to me, than the high-rise skyscrapper in downtown Central.

I'd not give any rating for this trip, its the experience that counts I told my cousin sis. She looked alot more disappointed with Ocean Park and Shenzhen, but I told her to think it differently. Say after visiting these less than perfect places, we know how fortunate we are and appreciate our home country even more. Somehow relating my visit-to-China experience with Malaysian-police-harassing-China-nationals... did the Chinese ask for it? Just imagine all your encounters with rude Chinese people, I dare not ask where did my great grand father came from?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am very sleepy too..after taking the tasteless lunch.

It's still very hot here and remind me that i am at KL now. Wake up!!

The experiences count for each footprint we step on land. It's become so sweet when you flash back after times being.Yeah.. I still remember the freezing air in amsterdam with the cool european building, walking down the street. I like the chilling feels, how abt you?

Chinese can survive and stay all around the world because of their high adaptability to the new environment. When you need to be survive you have to loose out something, but the sad thing is we give in our cultural and spirit. You only can get something if you open your hands, isn't it fair? well, we still hv our language and our moral teaches, i think it's lucky enough.