Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Aabubba arrived Malaysia 5.10pm, 17Jan!!

Wow... can you believe it? my netpal for many years, from Pakistan working in the US who went back to Pakistan to marry his wife Sana, and then came to Malaysia for honeymoon! Why come to Malaysia of all places?! no thanks to me... tourism malaysia should give me the 0.01% of commission for helping to promote Malaysia so well!

so far so good, the road is clean, the hotel room is clean, the car rented (proton Waja) has all the features of a good car and above all Kayu Nasi Kandar was really nice! And I hope they could maintain that good impression of Malaysia right through KL tomorrow and then Penang and Langkawi. So Malaysia... its all up to you now, I've did my best as a warm nice and friendly host for one evening, the rest is really up to Malaysia to take it away.

Knowing how financially well-off this friend is, I let him pay for the 1st meal he had in Malaysia. Alright so its only RM50, but I didn't have enough cash!!! SOooooo paiseh man... before I could even 'pretend' to take out my wallet, my friend said he'll pay. Then he even asked "how do I tip them?" Doh... you dont have, they're charging you tax for it!

There in the Kayu restaurant, I saw my MOM. Ok so I had to introduce my Pakistani friend to my mom. Then the friend took out his Canon (ixus 50 i think) to snap picture of me and my mom and he and his wife! The aneh there were quite friendly serving us too, except that they couldn't understand the slang my friend was using, so I was like their saviour!

I didn't order enough rice, I dont know why maybe I'm too cheapskate unlike my parents... even I was still hungry after the meal.

It's another day tomorrow, I still have to go back to work, and then probably meet up with them in KL. They'll check out from Holiday Inn Glenmarie and check in at JW Marriot. They prefer to drive to Langkawi than to take the flight. They were shocked by the toll money they'd to pay all along the way, and I dare not see how he'll be shocked to see the toll charge at the North South Highway.

Anyway, he's got a bad impression of Singapore as he was there jsut for a short transit, but its not my fault. Sana had a scissor in her handbag maybe Malaysian custom would do that too, who knows it all depends.

Alright goodnite Malaysia. All is well and beautiful... palm trees and green scenary are beautiful to them. Hmm.... aabubba got married finally! *phew... knew him since when I first got internet access in '98 on icq i think. From before i went to uni, to having long chats with him plus my estranged-bestfriend, till i cudn't get a job and then get a job and now changed job and still hoping to change job!

1 comment:

Jyon said...

...no wonder la; tanjung rhu and the datai. choose burau bay. so do u get a free trip to langkawi too?