Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy Visit Malaysia Year 2007!

Wow... you wouldn't imagined how sampat / crazy I can get. Go all the way to lake Titiwangsa to see fireworks?! Yes I did! S brought me and his bro's angmoh friend to THE venue of the VMY2007 launch, with the Eye-On-Malaysia so prominently erected right in the middle of the lake Titiwangsa landscape.

Somehow we cornered ourselves to where all the photograph-enthusiasts were positioned, it was so packed with guys, tripods and SLR. Don't care but it was kinda intimidating for me to bring out my tripod and my running-out-of-battery prosumer S2IS, then squeeze my way through, trying to get a good view... without the 'dangling' decorative neon-blue bulb wiring obstructing my view. Then there's the occasional itchy backside photographers infront of me standing up thus blocking my picturesque view. You have to check out my firework snapshots that I totally freaked out capturing @ my fotopages.
I thought those guys were journalist, maybe some were on duty, but I guess most of them were there for the fun of snapping great night landscape / firework pictures. Of course I also freaked out that one portion of the firework were out of sight blocked by tall trees by the lakeside. There were moments where my tripod was not firm, I can feel that either my hand or the camera moved, any micro movement could spell disaster for the superspeedy spellbound fireworks! With that I was controlling my self, using alot of concentration, like somesort of meditation, holdstill, except movement of the index finger triggering away...

Well, I couldn't careless where was DDVW (but I did sms him after the show, telling how fabulous the firework display was)... I thought I heard Michael Wong singing the Sunschool-most-over-sung TongHua. Ahhh! It was getting really late, had a tough time locating my Indon friend who couldn't find his way to the 'ferris-wheel'! S the really kind tourguide dropped me & Indon friend off at vihara before sending his Engrishman tourist back to the hotel.

All sweetness aside... my folks who caught the event live on TV, commented that our govn spent too much $$$ on just a launching event of this VMY2007. You know we're all speculating the petrol price increase, the fact that the toll rates has already soared rocket high!

The beginning of the year 2007 saw the KLCI breaching 1,100 mark, if it keeps going up that's good news for investors. This is abit of worry for me, I wouldn't know where is the threshold level where the index start to fall. Have to be more alert of the market outlook and know when to sell / redeem / switch if necessary. Aiks upline advise to attend more financial talk to keep abreast with info la...

Let's continue storying my 1st week of new year 2007 happenings on another post... (like why can't I just write immediately and not wait a week later?!)

No comments: