Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Khanti at work...

Just a quick update... hope it make any sense... im pretty sleepy now... but that no matter how 'busy' my life seems to be, I know of many other people who are also as busy or even busier!

The serious thing that really 'caught up' with me is the work. Good thing I can claim for OT, like rm10 for every hour - you do the math.

Been 'listening' to the advise alot... on being 'patient' at work, in Pali language patience is 'khanti'. and when I call out Khanti khanti khanti on my msn status, my christian friend got really blur.

In the midst of resolving the 'problem' at work by a certain deadline, I somewhat reminded myself to keep my cool, and just dont find problem with anyone, and I mean not even the st***d Pat and annoying Jhn from the island that gives 80% of the problem with 20% of the population.
This cucuking (poke fire) in my line of work is really testing my patience and my immune system. Its a wonder, how I can smile & acknowledge this same guy who sits same row as me, who'd spy on me on what I'm doing. This pathetic guy would always comment why my vain teammate is always not at his desk (if its not for Khanti, I would have shot him -- wtf do you care if T is not as his desk?!). I've been teammate with T for so long, and still I dont have any problem with T except when his vain streak strikes.

The smile, my fake smile on my face at work, I should really put up a proper smile, although as insincere as 'putting it on'. Khanti... you're such a teacher, I'm really trying to put in the effort, to challenge myself, to not fight back with anyone.

I find my work relationship somewhat improves with st**d Pat and annoying Jhn. These jokers can even 'compliment' me thru IM *oh how flattering*... Pat thinks if I continue work hard and learn as much as I could, I could actually be a good team lead in the future. Jhn *finally* thought that our teammembers are actually 'nice' to work with, if only the client dont push us so hard, that we're always finding trouble with Jhn's team (3rd level).

yes, so if I'm good... why can't certain relevant other people see it?! if its not about office politics - blurrrgghhh... it is. My strategy will always be - diplomatic. But since 2007, I'm adding KHANTI with diplomacy, for my own good. I'm actually seeing the positive result of actually keeping the cool, and dont even bother mind-shooting anyone. Like really let u be...

Atleast the fake smile is easier to put up when I'm not mentally pulling my hair / strangling your neck / banging my head on the table.

cool.. khanti khanti khanti....

No comments: