You wanna know how easy is it to start a verbal fight with my mom? Imagine you're me, playing with ur laptop and mom is sitting across the table. Suddenly she made a comment "Your brother sms me to tell me he didn't get any increment, because he worked only 8 months so no increment.. but his boss give him 1 month bonus... what do you think?"
*not paying much attention... but really don't wanna talk about it..*
"Ha.. so what's your comment?" (and she repeated again what she'd just said)
"Whaatttt! You're trying to rub it in isit? You know in the 1st 2 years of my work life I didnt get any increment and didnt get any bonus... *lets not even start about me being contractor only in my 1st job although I'm smarter, and my bro gets paid just as much even with a diploma*
"What's wrong with you?! I'm trying to ask for your comment about your brother, and now you trying make me don't wanna talk, see I don't feel like talking already.. what's wrong with asking you about your comment? Why just because you didn't get paid well enough? You jealous ah..."
"What comment do you want!? What is there to comment?? Whoaah.. your son so good ah!!"
"Well, he actually sms me to tell me how much I want since he got 1 month bonus.."
"Then good for you la! Tell me for what?! What is there for me to comment?"
"Always like that you... cannot have decent chat with you wan..." (walk away...)
~*~
It's like this, how I grew up with my mom. Tym just quoted while msn-ing with me when argument took place "your dad must be so patient to tahan so many years." Exactly! The secret to my parents' many years of being together - my dad will never answer back. He'd learnt his lesson of no point arguing with mom. My mom can be viewed as 'always nice to my brother' but me and my dad just cannot have 'nice chat' with her.
Oh ya, my bro is not very fond of talking, he just go "ya.. ah.. uh.. a.. ya..ah.. uh.." So go figure.
I don't think my mom can take it if I were to tell her off, "its fake". I just don't know how to be nice and keep nodding yes without answering back or giving my opinion, without thinking about what you want to hear. I don't even know how to give a sincere warm smile to my mom sitting across the table when she's irritating me.
Atleast I think sayang understands who I am and agrees about the thing with my mom.
~*~
Just another note, since I'm talking abt my mom. Some days ago, out of no where, mom raised the issue about her will where she'd only one house, to be given to me and my brother. It was said before that the house will be shared by both of us equally half half. Back then I never had sayang. Now she's asking what I think about if she'd give me cash of half of the house value (from her epf withdrawal when she turn 55) instead and the whole house goes to my bro. Good idea!
Before verbally agree to that, of course I'd reminded her that my bro may also want to get his own place to stay.. and you'll never know if you get kicked out of the house... so its better to leave the house under your name until death. Yeah.. she also agreed on that.. who know's what daughter-in-law she'll get in the future.
Why am I writing this!! This is ultra private but that's just about the stuff that could trigger me to write...
No comments:
Post a Comment