Today.. back to office after 5days in HK-Macao... while my teamlead is still on leave... I tender my resignation letter to the manager in line. During lunch time, quickly hop on the lrt to jamek to return offer letter to the bank-company duly signed. Ya will be joining a bank IT division probably supporting similar stuff... which I'm actually quite uncertain what it's all about. The interviewer was non-technical manager... and I'm to replace another girl who left. And I wonder if there's gonna be anybody to handover to me if the previous staff already left! The non-technical manager would probably expect to pick up everything by myself eh?! What more... she's looking for a thinker not just a doer!
Anyway, shall not let my mind wonder off too far... just like what I read about current Malaysian political front -- there's no uncertainty only opportunity. Nobody know for sure if DSAI will be the next PM, everybody just wish that something good will come out of the whole situation. Just like my job / career, nobody will know if new company will be good for my future... just expect the least, and hope for the best!
So now what about my HK trip?! Why people seem to like to ask this question. Maybe I'll be more excited if I came back from Europe or volunteering for beijing olympics... somehow, I'm just thankful and glad to be back home to Malaysia.
It was my 2nd trip to HK... which I was hesitating to go in the first place... because I've ALREADY backpacked travel HK-macao before 2 years old during xmas season. What could top that? I've come to acknowledge that travelling during summer / or extremely hot weather is a NO NO! In my 1st trip to HK-macao, I was freezing... in this trip, I was sweating like mad! The heat just took away half of the fun of sight-seeing / walking.
And my legs are itching.... got lotsa red spots like alergy or rashes, and sometimes I couldn't stop scratching it... already got ugly legs now tambah lagi red polka dots... no need to wear skirt liow. Lagi DnD besok... Might be due to the trip to Lantau island, Tai-O fishing village... I saw some tiny insects resting on my legs and I didn't bother to shoo it away. So hot and tired, I was trying to fan myself more than be bothered why the legs are itchy.
Abang stayed in this really fancy high-rise condo on the HK island by the sea side... the balcony overlooking the old airport and other side of HK. Pretty amazing sight from high up 69th floor but not inspiring enough... that I feel like I miss Malaysia!!!
I miss the roticanai & dal... the thosai and milo... they don't have my basic favourite food?! No MILO?! No nasi lemak.. no roti canai.. no sambal... eat dimsum without sauce... I've had enuff of wonton-mee with wonton full of prawns that I have no choice but to swallow it. Else if I dig out all the prawn then dunno eat what. The food is soooo not for me.
Each time we ordered lunch set which comes with a drink, the lansi-waitress will ask if you want coffee or nai-cha (milk tea), I always wanted to say "teh-o"... but I end up confusing her whenever I ask for "do u have anything without milk?!" Brrrrrrr..... ok "ice lemon tea" then. I know I shouldn't drink too much ice-lemon tea but that's the only drink I know how to say in cantonese which I will drink... not coffee not milk tea... and they got no MILO :( Menu are mostly in traditional chinese text which i could hardly make sense off... very pathetic for me coming from Chinese school but that's a fact, I don't understand the menu and they don't care to explain nicely.. or worst, they tend to sound insulting when you can't read.
One lady even say "don't bother reading that, that's in English, u won't know anyway"... *roll eye*
How about shopping? Well i went back to the same ESPRIT outlet store at Tsim Sha Tsui, bringing along the other travel mates. Cos tat's exactly where I went to for major shopping the last trip. Cos it's really tiring bargaining at the Ladies-Street, esp with that sweaty body. Atleast at the aircon big story, there's fitting room! You get to try and try and try and choose from so many ESPRIT apparels... its more rewarding I guess. Later we found out there's more of these 'outlet' stores at Lantau Island... but still not cheap lah... imagine outlets for DKNY, CK, AX, NIKE, Laura Ashley... 70% discount for a HK$5000 LV bag also pengsan neh!
Travelling abroad always make me look back home and appreciate the country that is Malaysia! Maybe can say... once a Malaysian, always a Malaysian?
Sayang bought me chinesy qibao blouse, purple-white colour.. I showed to mom, she said "you buy pyjama?"
1 comment:
wish u all the best in ur new job! when r u starting ur new job?
-yt-
Post a Comment