Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ikea's kitchen inspiration & my style!

Has anybody checked out http://www.ikea.com.my/ lately? I'm having a fabulous time animating through the 'kitchen inspiration' >>A quick survey reveals that my 'style' according to ikea > country >> You're a romantic. The simple things in life give you the most pleasure. You find yourself happiest surrounded by nature and the great outdoors. Sometimes people think you're a retro sort of person because nothing pleases you more than a blast from the past. This is the kitchen style we can see you in. Well no doubt one look at it, of course I like it! But for practical reason, if its so white, with my messy lifestyle, I won't be able to maintain it sparkling clean & white for the long run! *unless its true indeed that sayang is a gem with the household cleaning* Here's what I found from the web which is in accordance to what I wish and perhaps more suitable to my our new home > simple n' brown >>Maybe according to my imagination, the countertop lighting makes the kitchen stylish esp for a new urban home!

Anyway, here's my other favourite design style from ikea (when I view all), and I had to randomly pick the survey answers to try to get a match to this picture, well not too hard > Scandinavian >> You're into timeless designs and is truly fascinated with pine and strong folkloristic colours. You want quality, functionality, practically and confort in your kitchen. Here's a look to make you feel right at home.
Okay, for this other kitchen that I might fancy, but I don't dig the black/white combo for a kitchen, but its still nice to my eyes... not sure what's the inspiration >
Hey, when I redo the survey by changing the answers abit, guess what's my style now? > Modern >>You're trendy and stylish and you know contrast is cool. Your opinions matter and you're not afraid to make it heard. We know your kitchen shouts out your fashion statement so we've got just the perfect one for you.
Wait a minute... How can my style be country and then be modern? Now you see why I tell people I'm so "P" as in mbti-P-for-Perceiving and you see how I have the contradictory temperaments of being choleric and phlegmatic?! Another crazy way to describe me -- I don't care but I care or I care but I don't care.

Anyway, whatever I like, have to meet with what sayang likes. Somehow we're gonna have to agree to disagree, or just give & take. But its safe to say, for most of the ideas with regards to design & taste ~ we can agree! I like to take food as example, we both like fish & chips for western, we don't like black-colour-looking food when we were young, we don't like slimy food *think brinjal/ladyfingers*, we don't eat durian, we both like soya bean / tofu, I don't eat seafood except fish & lala, he don't eat seafood except fish & calamari...

A point to note, sayang being very "J", he's most likely gonna be calling the shots... 'cause by the time I decide which one I actually like more... mosquito will doze off! *Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

No comments: