Saturday, November 08, 2008

What is your goal in life?

Last Thursday, I went to yet again another BOP, this time its P-insurance. That's when I've been reminded again "where is your goal post?". The speaker asked what's David Beckham really good at -- free kick. So when Beckham start to position the ball, and start to kick the ball, he lift up his head and.... there's no goal post... so how is he going to kick the ball? Where to kick the ball to?

Today at EMT, where I only came for the last part of the session, I manage to listen on the subject of "you must plan your life, if you don't plan your life other people will plan for you!". Be in your career, in your social life, things you wish to do... plan for it! Somehow he also quoted example from how he give his talk at the pre-marriage course, where he often ask couples what's your objective of getting married? Always begin with the end in mind...

So for the BOP when the try-very-hard-to-be-funny-speaker asked me "so there's no goal post, so where to kick the ball?" and I answered "just kick straight lah!"
"but there's no goal post how to kick?" ... ok I don't wanna get funny with him. In my simple mind, at that instant moment, I thought about how I have a very simple outlook / thinking of my life.

Honestly you ask me now what's my goal 5,10,20 years down the road... a big part of me say... I don't care. If you ask me what's my career goal then I got better answer... but lifestyle goal? Doh...

I guess being so influenced by Buddhism, and by my parents upbringing, and being with the friends that I be with... the lifestyle that I want, is the lifestyle that I'm already living.

"What is your dream car?" Then I answered : Honda City.
"Har? DREAM car woh!! What car are you driving now?" I cheekily answered : Honda City.
"You already driving City then no need dream lah!" Exactly.

Well talking about interest in doing your own business, you know how many people idle-talk about owning your own business. I just wonder off into my imagination world, that if I ever were to startup a business, become my own boss, why not be in the business that I like?! OK so there's risk, no-experience, big-capital, possibility of failure, hardship... well that's why I'm still just an employee.

Having listened to sayang's point of view abt his disagreement of the multi-tier business model, I guess I can learn from him... (not to say I'm going to reject outrightly all the offer to attend BOP) but I need to standfirm to learn to say no to things that doesn't interest me at all! EVEN if it means missing on the 'opportunity' of being business partner.

And I just imagined... that one day if I were to get involve in a business... why not flower business? why not providing service business? why not a doing something that I really like although its much harder, higher-risk, no-proven-track-record, lower ROI.

Alright.. u get my crap. I'm not cut out to be rich. I cannot imagine how can I retire young with no work to do... even if I'm 55 or 65... you know how I respond to the question of child education fund? *mind talk* Ehloh if mummy can enter form 6 then so why not u? (though im lucky enuff to skip form 6 & went straight diploma instd) Ehloh... if ur grandma no money to send me overseas to study why shud i so susah save up all my hard earn money for u to go overseas? u sendiri earn ur money to go overseas next time lah! ngiekngiekngiek...

Oh ya the question of save now spend later... is very good I know. But I also have this silly thought... you know my most expensive spending is on my travels... if I don't travel when I'm young now, wait until old only travel, although very rich that time, I won't have the same enthusiasm/passion/energy to travel unlike when I'm young lor!!
By the looks of it... hopefully I don't have to live too long! Haha.

No comments: