Though I'm trying to practise planting positive/good imprints into my head (currently reading the Diamond Cutter), it's back to my usual antics of being rude & sarcastic with my parents... when they're trying to show too much concern for my brother.
If only I ever become a parent, I won't know why parents must be so 'concern' over their 26-yo son first time travelling to U.S.A. In my mind, I know that the best way to learn, is by experience it on your on, not being spoonfed with all the information. If my mom is going to go shopping to buy winter jacket for my brother... I tell you...
They were just annoying me with "how far is the airport away from the town? do you think there is enough time for your bro to visit the town with about x-hour of time to spare on transit? do you think he knows how to reset his watch? how much of money is needed during transit in Frankfurt?..."
Number 1. There is the Internet. Oh ya my bro is not Internet freak, he probably dunno what he dunno. But I feel that its ok to be lost... what's wrong by being clueless in a situation where you can have the opportunity to ASK to find out what you did not KNOW? Why should parents feed in all the information and to make sure everything goes smoothly so that there's no chance of any hiccup that can ever happen to my bro (& me too).
I remembered mom bought all the medications that I could possibly need for me to bring to Ladakh, India. I didn't use any except the Rexodon vitamins. My parents are now very concern for my bro's trip to Philly, with very cold temperature.. they're wondering how 'cold' is 4 degree. Like you know is cold, so bring winter jacket lah! Oh that probably not enough... need long-john.. need glove... need wind-breaker... blah blah...
My mom knows that both me and brother don't care much about what happen... cos whatever happens happen. And they know that we're brave.. to travel alone... so why are they still so concern?!
My parents are such super duper one of a kind. My mom is now busying with the suitcases, trying to see which one is more suitable for my bro... while my bro is outside doing his own stuff... here my mom is trying to mess with his suitcase! Later before my bro departure.. they're surely going to tell him what to do, where to go, how much money to change, tell him about the diff time zone, reminder on passport etc...
For me, I settle everything by myself.. now that Im dragged into settling for my bro... ish.. super duper DOH!
1 comment:
Hehehe :) a parent's concerns for their children really knows no boundaries. Be thankful that they are concerned instead of "don't care" about you at all :D
Post a Comment