Thursday, May 12, 2005

A Point In Time

Today I virtually walked into the gas chamber with my own two feet. Me with 2 guy colleagues.

Knock knock. And I pushed open the door to my partner's cold room. Pulled the chair, and everybody sat down: me, 2 guys, manager and the partner.

Braced myself for it. Held my straight face for as long as I could, but I'm still me. I can pull off a wry smile and speak up when in face-off position inside the gas chamber. The whole chamber was silent for a few moment. It was really awkward to try to find where my eye-balls should be looking at.

I did something I wanted to tell off the bosses / management, to f***off, but no, nicely I put the words in simple English "management should do better next time".

Yep, the partner responded humbly, on the verge of being apologetic, but he's still as confident as he is. Only expressed his appreciation and wished us "thank you".

I was trying to be so cool and emotionless. I was holding myself from getting teary eyed. No, I just breath calmly and endured the "a point in time" confrontation with the management.

I have been laid off. Well so to speak. No bonus, no money, no camera. Ermm... at this "point of time" I'm only dishearten about having no new camera!

Well, a point in time, when I have to start working hard to go on job hunting exercise in full swing, yet trying to keep the cool as not to reveal desperation, and no turning back please.

Today I learnt about a Chinese saying "good horse dont go back eat grass" ~ didn't really get what it means, but literally saying to move forward and not regret?!

A point in time - this is going to be my real last goodbye.

No comments: