Ok, so I'm not the best daughter that any mother can get. Tomorrow is her birthday, and I thought of giving her a treat.
That's when it all turn to angry face and teary eyes! All because I commented to dad that mom 'tarik harga', when she in the kitchen HEARD me saying it! (of all days, she usually have bad hearing) Stupid comment you might say.
Yes, but how can you describe a person who kept rejecting your offer for to go out for dinner, where invitation extended to grandma as well as some of her siblings (who are not married) who usually join us for dinner in any special occasion.
Why she kept saying "no need dinner!" (in a very stern voice)
"I said no need to call.."
"Why??"
"If you call, you dont call everybody.. always scared to belanja everybody... better dun call.."
Everybody means even my ahku, ahkim.. 2nd ahku + 2nd ahkim and family. Then it will come up to 2 tables, and in my mind I felt that I could still afford to pay 2 tables in a normal Chinese restaurant. But I didn't wanna talk much with her, to have to assure her that I'm willing to pay.
Must be my brand as being really complainy each time when it comes to who pays. Well, frankly speaking you have to understand that my mom's siblings are alot less generous than my mom, to know why the big fuss over every big 'dinner' when invitation is extended to everybody.
I tell you... you wouldn't give a shit what I'm writing here, as I quite honestly do not care either. Although in most of the 'what do you regret most in life' question I'd relate to my dealing with my mom.
I am such a straightforward, insensitive and tidak-apa person.
My mom is such a hypersensitive, very hard to please, extremely fierce person.
I remember everybody birthday in my family, and I organise most family dinner. My bro didn't even know why are we having special dinner tomorrow evening. When I contacted all my ahku, ahyee... even my grandma.. NOBODY know it was my mom's bday tomorrow. YET my mom is ANGRY AT ME, the birthday-do organiser.
It's VERY SICK to me, whenever her birthday comes, when I say let's go out for dinner, she'd not appreciate or agree to it. She will say "no need go out, waste money, I cook normal dinner".
Isn't that plain tarik harga with me?! Goodness sake, you tell me to go 'tam' my mother... sorry la, I better die labelled as the worst daughter thay you could ever have.
give me a break...
4 comments:
so the dinner was not THAT expensive, but it over my budget but my relatives chipped in a bit ;P
the restaurant was King Crab, I would say the food quite 'jelak'... maybe im really not a big huge 'food' fan. As long as my mom is happy.
of course she's happy, afterall EVERYBODY turned up. You know the joke? She went to tell all kids (incld my own bro)... "why you didnt wish me happy birthday?"
she was jokingly betting with another aunty that she bet her son did not know it's her bday today, and she was right. Oh how funny.
the point is, nobody know its her bday and its OKAY. but i took the effort to call everyone, to organise a bday-do for her, paying the bill as well... for that, my mom got mad at me earlier & cried on her bday morning. (triggered by me not wishing her happy bday early in the morning when i woke up, becos i was so afraid my 'voice' will sure make her burst ANYWAY)
... dunno what else to say... i just feel there's no other type of mom like my mom.
patience
=t=
if i m going to organise a birthday celebrating for my mum, if 50 or 60 then make it big la...else just buy a cake and blow the candles at home.
i think it's important to remind everyone to wish the birthday queen... make her happy and make everyone happy!
happy birthday to MJ mum
Post a Comment