Have you heard of the joke "when the book open, my eyes close; when the book close, my eyes open". Well that speaks for me all through my formal education life.
My dad's single most-repetitive sarcastic advise "you know actually I didn't know I could get grade 2 in the then SPM, everybody thought I was going to fail. I really didn't study! If I could have just studied a lil more I could have been better."
Err, well so it also kinda make sense to me. I was just so not studying-hard, but hard enough for me to know that I could reach a certain mark to satisfy myself.
You wanna know how my mom would comment about exam (any form of exam)? "I dont know why I have exam-phobia, when I enter exam hall, I just cannot think!"
So you know what kinda family background I come from, the lazy family?! Well I really hope this is not an excuse for me to strive harder in life. Unlike many friends who had some role-model / elder sibling to look up to and strive hard to acheive the benchmark, I am the eldest. The first grandchild for both side of the grandparents. First to go to school, first to enter uni, first to grad, first to get a job. (sounds like bragging huh?!) But there's how I get perasan easily.
Anyway, for my own record, the longest time spend studying in the library is ONE full hour. I see my coursemates spending the rest of the afternoon until late in the evening studying in the library. I seriously tried it and I couldn't take it. I just fell soooo sleepy and walked out of the library after one hour. Yes and went back straight to my own room to nap.
I knew I was going to meet 3.0 from the start and I know 3.75 is sooooooooooooooooo far away but not imposible, why try killing myself? Sleep is sooo syiok...
Did you know what was my nickname for my ah Yees? From the beginning of time that I could remember anything, they labelled me "Sleeping Beauty". Even my mom said when I was a toddler, I was very 'easy' to babysit, as I sleep all the way through from 8pm - yes even as a BABY i enjoyed sleeping.
So my point is, because I am lazy, that's why I dont have the drive to succeed!
Then according to a close friend, she said because I dont have the drive (due to contentment), that's why I am lazy! Huh?!! Make sense? Sounds like chicke and egg.
So there, can go sleep now.. :D please dont get jealous of me, for I fall asleep like a baby easily, even at this point of life and probably will always be like that until I die. Wish to die peacefully in my sleep too! :P (when im 60 lah..)
2 comments:
u r not lazy, just upbringing is diff.
haha...hilarious.
sleeping not equal to lazy.
sleeping = rest.
u just need more rest than the rest...
Post a Comment