Monday, June 12, 2006

Why dont they come to Malaysia?!

When I was 12, NKOTB went to SINGAPORE for a concert. I wouldn't fly there, I dont even have a passport that time.. and wait I was just 12. Of course it did cross my mind that I could be daring enough to go alone, but I have no idea how am I going to do that.

When I was in uni, I won 10 passes to meet Joey Mcintyre, I had to sit by the telephone the entire weekend to call hitz fm on every cue to call. I got it at 7am in the morning on a Sunday, when I woke up earlier than usual, with the hope that the line would be accessible. THEN, Joey Mac cancelled his stop to Malaysia just days before his arrival :( I was hyperventilating in one weekend, but the cancellation news was like a bombshell. Yet, my netpal in SG (who's a guy, who obviously wouldn't go crazy about another guy) who didn't have a clue who Joey Mac was, went to see him! Aaaaaaaaaaarrrghh......... As sceduled, Joey Mac was in SG...

Last week, Jamie Collum was in HK. Aaaaaaaaaaarrrghhh.... Yehim went to see his concert! This June 15th, Jamie Collum's 3rd & last concert will be in.. where else Singapore!!!! Why does the country Malaysia lose out to Singapore all the time, when it comes to famous people?!!

Having said that, I must count my blessings, must be so grateful, LinkinPark and Mariah Carey, one of my all time fave singers came to Malaysia for me to go see them. Of course I have to be out of my mind, if I could forget that I've enjoyed myself in the Wycelf Jean / Fugees and Black Eyed Peas live performances.

Eh.. you think MTVAsia Awards will ever happen in KL!?! :P

6 comments:

Jyon said...

...dong ngiao! i got 2 tickets to mtv asia awards in bangkok last year. and of course, i jst came back from bangkok 2 weeks before that. how to go again? doh. *hit my head on the wall!!!

Anonymous said...

Oasis concert held in Thailand and Singapore.. Malaysia right in between!

Anonymous said...

cause of bureaucracy?

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/6/12/nation/14512467&sec=nation

MJ said...

yakidyyakyakyak... michael jackson came... jay chao came... bsb & 911 came... david tao was here... sam hui was here... oh crap so many ppl came for the force of nature concert... it was cool to see Ella performing 'standing in the eyes of the world' at the bukit jalil stadium... Arsenal wuz 'ere too!! haha... now i remember...

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »